Plugins that are built for Rack v2

I thought I’d start a thread to link development builds of plugins that “should” work with V2. Post in the comments and I will add to this top post and then probably delete comments unless they add to the discussion in other ways. Devs feel free to add your own beta builds here, and feel free to mark them as a beta or alpha if you want feedback or want people to be aware that you know there probably are bugs still to be ironed out.

buyer beware - building does not mean fully working or without bugs - your mileage may and probably will vary. This is the thread for bleeding edges.

PSA if there is a plugin you are waiting for - in my experience so far at least - Andrew’s view that many plugins can be updated by changing version in plugin.json to 2.0.0 and make clean and make dist is proving to be true.

PSA 2 Sorry for the delay in updating.

21 kHz
23 volts
Admiral
Agave
Ahornberg
Aria Salvatrice
AS
Atelier
Audible Instruments
az
BaconMusic
Befaco
Bidoo
Bogaudio
cf
Chortling Hamster
ChowDSP
Circlefade
Count Modula
DanTModules (not available on Mac unless I’m mistaken)
dBiz
Delexander Volume 1
Dintree
Equanimity
ESeries
Extratone
Fehler Fabrik
Frozen Wasteland
Geodesics
Glue the Giant
GoodSheperd
Grande
HamptonHarmonics
HetrickCV
iggy.labs
Impromptu Modular
JW Modules
Kocmoc
LifeFormModular
LilacLoop
LittleUtils
Lomas
Mantra
MindMeld Modular
ML Modules
mmmodules
MockbaModular
Modular80
Mojo Modules
monome
Mosquito Labs
Nick Feist - polyphonic Animated Circuits
Nonlinear Circuits
NYSTHI
Ohmer Modules
OrangeLine
Orbits
Paralis Modular
Rackwindows
repelzen
RPJ
Scanner Darkly
SouthPole
SouthPole Parasites
Squinky Labs
stocaudio
stoermelder
Surge for Rack
SV Modular
SynthKit
ToneCarver
unless modules
VCV
Via
Voxglitch
Vult
ZetaCarinae

For devs - Andrew Belt has included this information in a post further down and I thought it was worth pinning up the top.

VorticoVCV - Andrew

11h

I don’t see a single plugin build here that specifies the Rack version number that it was built against. That’s a sure way to create massive confusion before the ABI is stable. EDIT: Actually DanTModules does. Follow his example, or mine. Rack development blog - #70 by Vortico

8 Likes

MindMeld Modular is now done, any testing is very welcome!

18 Likes

Thanks Marc for your efforts in updating so quickly.

4 Likes

Just letting you know I will delete these messages so the thread doesn’t get too unwieldy.

4 Likes

Hey, the initial v2 code of Frozen Wasteland is now on GitHub for anyone who wants to build it.

It was built and tested using VCV Rack Community Edition 2.git.b04e4117

3 Likes

A very useful and welcome thread but… I’m not seeing any links to development builds - is it just me?

Would love to see some links to Mac builds in particular as apparently the Rack SDK for Mac isn’t working properly yet.

1 Like

I don’t think my code is ready for a “release”, so it’s up to you if you want/are able to build it. Speaking just for me.

Once I get all the labeling done I’ll try and get some builds made

I got southpole v2 built for windows and seems stable. Posted here: Southpole V2 build (Windows only) · Issue #55 · gbrandt1/southpole-vcvrack · GitHub

This was built against Rack 2 Community Edition Rack 2.git.5c47e6e0, NOT the posted beta so won’t work there but builds fine after version number bump in pluginb.json

Also posted the Parasites v2 Windows port and as the main southpole one they do not work on the windows official beta but work fine on my local Rack v2 build from today…

3 Likes

I haven’t made any binary releases but my plugins should build and run for v2.

Great, thanks. However, that binary doesn’t seem to work with Rack-2.git.b04e4117-win. The southpole folder is created but no modules appear in the browser. Did you build it from your own build of Rack2?

[0.354 info src/plugin.cpp:108 loadPlugin] Loading plugin from C:/Users/paul/Documents/Rack2/plugins/southpole [0.354 warn src/plugin.cpp:161 loadPlugin] Could not load plugin C:/Users/paul/Documents/Rack2/plugins/southpole: Failed to load library C:/Users/paul/Documents/Rack2/plugins/southpole/plugin.dll: code 127

HHmmmm, you are correct, however I do not even get an error on the posted beta version, so looks like that needs a new build against current v2 source to work. So can’t fix that sadly, but should work on later v2 builds (at least current level). Works fine on my today v2 local Rack build…

Miy local Rack v2 build reports to be ‘Rack Community Edition2.git5c47e6e0’

1 Like

I’ve added a mac build to your github issue.

2 Likes

My plugin is not open source, but I have created a page for preview builds in case anyone wants to find bugs for me :wink:

If you do happen to find bugs or issues, feel free to post them.

Sorry, I can only provide Windows builds for now.

Whose southpole codebase are you building ? I can build for Linux but I’d like to know which repo to build.

2 Likes

Thank you !

1 Like

tested and seem to work fine (tested against official beta build)

1 Like

Where can we find the builds? thanks :wink:

unable to unzip the files for some reason…

don’t unzip. the zip extension is only because github does not recognize .vcvplugin extension.

move file to you Rack 2 plugins folder and delete ,zip from end of filename. Then open Rack 2.

1 Like