plugins that are questionable whether there will be V2 updates

I haven’t seen any info from the developers.

Also for Hora some older bugs in the drum modules for mac were never adressed/fixed.

So i kinda thought maybe they will not be updated, which would be an extreme miss in that case.

Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

How about TheXOR, computerscare, Mockba, Grande, Lindenberg?

1 Like

From Facebook:

4 Likes

I just checked TheXOR’s github and noticed some new modules and feature updates like quantizers on the sequencers, not sure why they haven’t been released yet as they look to have been added nearly a year ago. I hope they can get ported over to v2, they are an amazing set of modules.

I have a list of plugins I would like to have in v2

since I don’t use social networks, can I post the list here and see if someone knows about them?

You’ll find all the information anyone knows about plugins for v2 in this thread:

1 Like

Please post only the plugins, that are not mentioned in the other thread where Steve points to.

1 Like

autodafe

bark

comfortzone

expert sleepers

flag

rjmodules

tiny tricks

wrong people

I (or you, mods) can modify this list, of course

You’ll find information about quite a few of those in the thread that I linked, from memory: AS, Befaco, Hetrick, ML, Rackwindows, Stoermelder, Surge.

You’ll find info on others like sha#bang! and voxglitch elsewhere on this forum

Also Catronomix and Nano?

I searched there (for example) for Befaco but didn’t find. thanks for your post, I modify mine :beers:

I updated the opening post

1 Like

I’m planning on updating computerscare modules for v2. I’ve started but haven’t had much time to spend on it lately.

10 Likes

:+1:

The problem is that there are currently 180 replies in the Plugins that are built for Rack v2 post, but pgatt hasn’t updated the initial post list since Sep 30th.

I’m guessing it’s getting a little difficult to scan that entire thread for releases announced after that date. I posted there almost two weeks ago that my modules had been ported, but that hasn’t made it either.

2 Likes

I do plan on updating Xtrtn to 2.0 - I’m just slow.

5 Likes

@Grande and @Extratone thanks for your news,
you’re not in the “negative” list

btw. I posted today a picture of the plugins I could compile for V2 in the other thread.

Sorry, my bad. Real life has got in the way. We’ve been in and out of lockdown and all sorts of nonsense. Will try to update now. I’d like to make sure this thread doesn’t become a kind of shaming developers. I know many of them would like to update but would be struggling to find time to allocate to updating when they haven’t spent time on their modules recently. Will try and make sense of the working thread now.

6 Likes

So TheXOR are not looking promising, the develop said:

V2 release are not in the radar for now and for the foreseeable future.

Which is a shame because there is significant update sitting on github but they don’t have the time to release it officially. It would be very sad to see them go, the sequencers are amazing and there are some really useful tools (I use the quantizer in every patch).

1 Like

Did you hear from them directly? If so, ask then if they mind if someone adopts them perhaps for porting only, so someone might be able to port those gems… Would indeed be sad to lose these very innovative modules (Nag-Nag-Nag comes to mind immediately)…