Plugins that are built for Rack v2

builds for all three repos I maintain will be provided when I finish some final adjustments, hopefully soon!

6 Likes

Following the migration directions, I built Steve Russell’s repo for the Southpole plugin without issue. I’ve run a quick test only with the Annuli module, it worked as expected. Very nice. :slight_smile:

Linux here, Ubuntu 18.04, GCC 7.5.0.

Would be lovely to actually get this plugin properly into the library. Is it just waiting for someone to officially adopt it?

1 Like

would need to be OK’ed by @ablaut (Gerhard, the original creator) methinks, @dlphillips

Blur is built against VCV Rack 2. Windows only for now as I haven’t organized my github repo to include v2 yet.

Blur was built against Rack-SDK-2.git.b04e4117.zip and tested in VCV Rack Community Edition 2.git.b04e4117

3 Likes

@ablaut is Ben, not the creator of Southpole. I believe it’s @gerhard.brandt76 who’s the creator (Gerhard Brandt), you might catch him on Facebook.

oh, I thought it was Gerhard’s synonym for music. Thanks for clarification. Porting will happen after I know why my builds run on my dev build of Rack2 from yesterday but not on the posted beta on the VCV downloads page… Makes no sense to me yet unless DDLs are extremely version dependent so my a few days newer build won’t load on the a few days older beta. I sure hope it’s not that but something dumb I might have done, but alas, they work perfectly here in dev build, so I somehow don’t think so, And I cannot work out what else might ail the beta build… @Vortico , any ideas why that may be?

nope, i’m not gerhard, as @LarsBjerregaard already noted. but the southpole plugins are mit licensed, from what i can see. so anyone can adopt them.

i am the creator of the wiqid plugin, and am responsible for the code side of repelzen, which was adopted with the creator’s blessing from the aepelzen plugin for 0.x and got an amazing redesign by @pyer. i will be updating both of those for 2.x.

8 Likes

yes, sorry, my bad, no idea why my brain had that association between your handle and Gerhard Brandt. Sorry to have bothered you. And while I agree anyone can adopt them I would still prefer first to get the OK nonetheless,… So will ping him to see…

Glad to hear working on Linux Dave! Can’t build for it myself so have to rely on others.

Have posted this in the Announcement thread but will add here just in case some haven’t seen it. Built using Rack-SDK-2.git.b04e4117 testing in Rack-2.git.b04e4117-win

2 Likes

@Steve_Russell given only change needed was to bump version number in plugin.json (and make sure cases match on Brand etc, between that and the parasites port which netboy3 hosts the v1 branch for. Would be good to collect both into a v2 branch on either of your forks, so that that then can be submitted to library for them to build close to launch. Will be good to have them return after absence in v1 (albeit community builds available, but causing many folks to ask where they are. Would save on that as well :wink:

1 Like

Starling Via plugin builds here too. Untested though.

I think what would be best is for both branches - my v1 (which has a few more fixes and general updates) and netboy’s v1-parasites - each have a separate repo, this was something I mentioned to netboy when we were porting for v1.

I’ve already made a couple of little changes so that the correct panels show in the v2 module browser.

I’ll look into doing this maybe later this week. If it turns out well you’ll be the first to know! :wink:

3 Likes

Nick Feisst’s polyphony version of Animated Circuits’ Folding module builds using Rack-SDK-2.git.b04e4117. Currently testing in Rack-2.git.b04e4117-win, seems good.

1 Like

I don’t see a single plugin build here that specifies the Rack version number that it was built against. That’s a sure way to create massive confusion before the ABI is stable. EDIT: Actually DanTModules does. Follow his example, or mine. Rack development blog - #70 by Vortico

3 Likes

Blur was built against Rack-SDK-2.git.b04e4117.zip and tested in VCV Rack Community Edition 2.git.b04e4117. Info added to original post.

If anyone is interested, I have updated my modular80 plugin to v2.

While I was at it, I added 1V/Oct pitch mode to the Radio Music module. That should pretty much complete the feature set for that module to match the hardware one.

Give it a try and let me know if there are any issues. No builds, just code. Tested against Rack 2.git.5c47e6e0.

6 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Even have real tooltips for the jacks. I’ve never used these modules. Is it normal that the reset button doesn’t flash when you press it?

either way works, but needs sorting, so it can neatly be pushed to library for building near release