Plugins that are built for Rack v2

@Squinky.Labs It does flash, but only after you set a root directory with samples in it :wink:

1 Like

I’ve built Rack on Mac @steve

I am putting my mac builds into a single gh repo for anyone who wants to test them out.

Currently includes:

• 21kHz (including Palm Loop osc)
  • Befaco dev branch
  • Circlefade
  • Southpole
  • Southpole Parasites
2 Likes

Thank you!! I will try these out today.

The southpole you link to is an old version of Southpole that crashes upon right click of CornrowsX.

Who is this meant for? Me?

EDIT: OK, I see what you mean. I have found the problem. My fork has the fix. @fractalgee if you want to rebuild from my fork this should fix it. Pls test if you can and let me know. @dlphillips, @Steve_Russell fyi

okidoki, let me check in a bit, and I’ll report back. Hadn’t tested CornrowsX I must admit, but Annuli and both Smokes (Parasites and not) were… Good you found that @pgatt , I now remember that that happened a long long while back and someone fixed it but can’t find that now…

1 Like

There is no v2 branch, was this the 1.0x version @flyingLow ?

yes. you still have to update the plugin.json.

@flyingLow , maybe I am losing it, but from your v1 branch with plugin.json version-bumped gets all the way to Splash and then:

src/Splash.cpp:6:10: fatal error: tides/generator.h: No such file or directory
    6 | #include "tides/generator.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [../../../compile.mk:68: build/src/Splash.cpp.o] Error 1

this didn’t happen to me. github seems to having issues today. the prob you reported re Starling also happened to me today. maybe try again from scratch or wait a bit and try later?

edit: the file in question is there

hrmph, not in my clone… so certainly seems to be some github gremlins at work… Thanks for confirming I am likely not losing my mind :wink:

I wonder if everyone trying to build Rack v2 may be part of the issue :wink:

OK, I go do some actual patching for a bit :wink:

Did you

git submodule update --init --recursive

?

yes and that resulted in the public key error and refusal to update the submodules

Lilac Loop builds for v2 are available on the release page.

Nice! I’ve seen before some big version of the looper, hope you will open it sometime then…

I also have a release ready for my RPJ modules. Also includes a couple of new modules.

Release First v2 release · kockie69/RPJ (github.com)

2 Likes

Strange stuff. I just did a clean build starting from

git clone https://github.com/flyingLowSounds/southpole-vcvrack.git

I updated plugin.json then ran

make clean
git submodule update --init --recursive
make

No problems at any step.

Ubuntu 18.04, GCC 7.5.0, VCV Rack CE v2.git.b04e4117

ah, I am running Rack 2.git.5c47e6e0 built yesterday. still odd, maybe possible github oddities now resolved? Shall try tomorrow with fresh mind… today nothing really wanted to work as it should with regards to github so giving up for the day

Hi buddies, bidoo repository has a v2 branch … up for testing. Cheers

4 Likes