Plugins that are built for Rack v2

which Rack build version please?

edit: Ah sorry, i see there are no binaries yet:)

Thanks for the notice, Sebastien. I built the v2 branch with no problems, will run some tests this evening after lessons.

I have just added a W10 dist. Thanks Dave.

Just a suggestion, but might it be a good idea if we all build with b04e4117 for now, and then rebuild with whatever Vortico publishes as the next beta version.

If you build with whatever “today’s” version of Rack 2 is, then hardly anyone will be able to try out your plugin unless they happen to have Rack built from the same version which will change every time Vortico makes a new commit - he’s made 15 new commits since releasing the beta. b04e4117 gives a sort of ‘standard’ to build for, at least until the next beta is released, and anyone using the beta from the dev blog will be able to try/test your plugin.

If you are building plugins with the Rack source you can just do a ‘git checkout b04e4117’ to build against that version and then do a make (not sure if that is strictly necessary or not but it’s what I did) - then build the plugins.

Saying this as someone who built with the latest version and sent to testers, only to find that they couldn’t use the plugins… so rebuilt with b04e4117.

10 Likes

Thanks. Which Rack version are these for? I don’t see them in b04e4117

+1 on this,
Maybe in that case the title of this thread should also reflect the beta build number.

4 Likes

Hello Robert, when I downloaded the RPJ it has vcvplugin file name, my Windows 10 does recognise this file, should all V2 files have this file type. I have not downloaded a V2 build, I’m collecting them in a V2 folder awaiting the big change over.

.vcvplugin basically acts like a zip - put it in the Rack plugins folder and when Rack starts up next time it will expand to a folder similar to the way Zips do in V1.

There’s probably no point in collecting these now though if you are not going to use them now - V2 plugins currently only work with the EXACT version of V2 they were built with. The version has already changed numerous times since the V2 beta was released on the dev blog. In any other version they simply won’t show up in the browser (this is already causing a bit of confusion with devs building with different versions).

Thanks Steve, so all the collecting as been for nothing, thought it might be harder than that to get the modules to function in V2.

This would be my developer bias, but an updated list of ported repos that anyone could build might be the most useful?

2 Likes

Probably a bit of both would be ideal :slight_smile:

• An updated list of ported repos for those that like to roll their own (no binaries)

• And for devs that want to make their plugins available for testing to the largest possible audience, threads with binaries where each thread includes the version number the binaries were built for (as Latif suggested) - ideally this would be b04e4117 for now and then a new thread with new builds whenever Vortico releases updated V2 beta binaries.

1 Like

@ PaulPiko here it is, can’t build for other platforms

1 Like

I’ve built a Mac version (b04e4117) - let me know if you would like me to send it to you for upload to your GitHub.

It built and loaded in browser fine for me - although I did get a few build warnings

1 Like

I’m using Rack installed from Rack-2.git.b04e4117-win.exe on Win10

[0.345 warn src/plugin.cpp:161 loadPlugin] Could not load plugin C:/Users/paul/Documents/Rack2/plugins/Bidoo: Failed to load library C:/Users/paul/Documents/Rack2/plugins/Bidoo/plugin.dll: code 127

Yes thanks, if I am correct warnings come from dep libraries used to read write waves.

I will test my dist with Rack-2.git.b04e4117-win.exe

1 Like

Had this too you need to make dep

I have updated HamptonHarmonics. Here is the open merge request on GitLab. Latest test was done on 2.git.1f0e277 on MacOS Big Sur (Macbook Pro 2018).

1 Like

I’ve done LifeFormModular for Windows - Rack-SDK-2.git.b04e4117. Currently testing in Rack-2.git.b04e4117-win.

I have a PR open for Marc’s review - appreciate Mac/Linux builders feedback. Thanks.

1 Like

All good on Rack-2.git.b04e4117-win.

2 Likes