plugins that are questionable whether there will be V2 updates

Here’s a link to a comment on tinytricks’s github where I posted a quick build of the plugin for all three platforms until it shows in the library.

4 Likes

Thank you @netboy3 . I’ll try this tonight. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Prok modules are available in VCV 2 now. Thanks.

11 Likes

And prokmodular? Woo hoo!

1 Like

Windows TinyTricks: https://cornwarning.com/xfer/TinyTricks-2.5.0-win.vcvplugin @hardyfinn FILL YER BOOTS

3 Likes

Great, psyched for this!

You can build from my fork linked to that post if you want.

I do miss the mscHack mixers, they were quite finely crafted modules.

2 Likes

Yep, and the 6x32 trigger sequencer. I wouldn’t know how to replace that. As of yet, there’s a pull request on Github to update the modules for version 2, but no answer by the module developer so far.

two more interesting plugins that I haven’t seen being mentioned yet: qwelk alto777

Any news on theXor and Aria?

I’m so keen to hear about TheXOR. I just went to the github page and it seems like the repo has been deleted. Absolutely gutted. Maybe we can get the source from waybackmachine or something, the author gave permission for it to be adopted as long as it remained open source.

There has been discussion of Aria - I think they are being brought to v2 by someone (with permission)? Also been some talk of Xor, but I don’t remember the results, if any.

That would be a real shame

Netboy3 is having a look at them but it’s one of the more tricky updates and he’s committed to updating the other modules he’s responsible for.

TheXor?

1 Like

And that is good news. We can wait as long as we know they will not be forgotten :slight_smile:

Them being theXor?

Btw, I suggested somewhere else that “someone” make a list of plugins that have been adopted by new devs? That will keep me from going to each one and logging a github issue just to ask “is this done with permission”? Because as I’ve mentioned elsewhere, it could easily violate GPLv3, which is pretty specific about the legality of modifying and re-distributing others code.

I thought them, in this case, was the Aria collection

Yes Netboy3 is looking at theXor. He has always complied with dev requests and has done the correct thing both legally and with the VCV Ethics guidelines as they stood at the time. His cloned repo’s stay private until they have been cleared by the original dev, and he normally prefers sending a pull request than taking over the plugin unless the original dev has no intention of updating.

As to starting a list of plugins that have been taken over, that may not be a bad idea.

3 Likes