Plugins that are built for Rack v2

Today with fresh mind I had to change the Splash.cpp second include line from

#include "tides/generator.h"

to

#include "../eurorack/tides/generator.h"

to get Splash to compile. All else went smooth, so finally have it rebuilt for Rack 2.git.5c47e6e0. Might want to adapt that fix, perhaps, However not sure why it fails here and not for everyone else…

1 Like

For those that want to build it, the Count Modula V2 source can be found here:

https://github.com/countmodula/VCVRackPlugins/tree/v2.0.0

I still need to add the new API functionality but I think I’ve caught all of the major post-upgrade issues so it should be relatively stable and fully functional.

/^M^\

5 Likes

Found and built yesterday, tests seem positive so far.

Linux Ubuntu 18.04 GCC 7.5.0 VCV Rack CE v2.git.b04e4117

1 Like

Thanks Dave.

You might want to pick up the latest commits as I’ve just fixed some segmentation faults that cropped up after I updated to to V2 api.

Got it, thanks. No problems building. Looks like I’ll be testing v2 stuff all weekend. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just saw this in the Facebook group. Builds for windows & mac (based on Rack-SDK-2.git.b04e4117)

Mac plugin works great here!

2 Likes

You don’t have to do that as the Makefile has flags that include the firmware source at compile time. Sounds like you should delete your entire local repo and start again from scratch. Remember to add the submodule with git submodule update --init --recursive before doing make dist

been there, done that 3 times in a row until I went to scr/Splash.cpp and it staded a path local to src that simply isn’t there as it is one up, then into the eyurorack/tides dir. Fixed, done, dusted, builds like a dream. And runs perfectly, no further action needed until ABI declared stable. So much more comfy in *nix envs , windows is foreign territory for dev/building/debugging…

I’ve patched my plugins for v2. (two commercial, one open source) but not sure when to release them because they will probably no longer work on v1. I assume that the library page only supports one major version so when should I be submitting these?

That Q sounds worthy of its own post. I remember when we went from 0.6 to 1.0 I had similar questions. btw, if you want anyone to try out your port you could provide a link to your github. I may be ignorant, but I don’t know who “elmoodio” is.

The GrandeModular repo now has a v2 branch (feature complete, but source code only).

The most time consuming thing was giving my custom buttons a 3-d look, especially since I’d never used gradients in inkscape before.

4 Likes

I added a mac build to my gh repo of v2 plugins

2 Likes

I can send you some other Mac builds if you like to add to your repo? (all b04e4117)

MindMeldModular

Count Modula

Rare Breeds Orbits

Squinky Labs

Bidoo

Ohmer

3 Likes

Sure. Go ahead.

1 Like

OK - Ill upload them as a GitHub issue

EDIT: Done

2 Likes

@flyingLow @steve and all, thank you so much for these Mac builds. This is so much fun!

2 Likes

Just a suggestion - maybe make a note on your repo readme saying this is all bleeding edge stuff with no guarantees and please let the developers know if you find any issues.

1 Like

Built just latest and went perfect, Win10 Rack CE .git.5c47e6e0

1 Like

Quick win 10 build here of just cloned repo. No issues at all to be seen, loads fine, built against Rack 2 Community Edition Rack 2.git.5c47e6e0

1 Like

HetrickCV and NonlinearCircuits have v2 branches up that are compiling for Rack 2. You can see some sneaks of upcoming HCV modules as well.

Unfiltered Audio is compiling and working perfectly in Rack 2, so those will be available once Rack 2 is live.

6 Likes