What are you listening to?

Psychedelic shoegaze from the Yucatan; I think this album is fantastic:

1 Like

I thought you might know about these things, a video would be good. Visuals always work better for me. Another method of sound manipulation is always welcome! Thanks for looking into this.

Hello again. So have you any recommendations for modules that would do the varispeed playback of a buffer using CV? I would love to be able to achieve some of these sounds in VCV Rack. Thanks for your time.

Maybe one of these:

Thanks for the module ideas, So how would you get the varispeed-feed them LFOs or another method, would a sequencer or a 'burst ’ Repelzen module do the trick? I have a set up advised by Nysthi on Simpliciter where feeding in a LFO and using Bogaudio’s ADDRSEQ gives the sample variety in tone. Would that work, used to extremis?

I haven’t really played around with this too much - I suppose it depends on how much control you need. A simple LLFO will give a steady sweep to the speed but I’m not sure this is the effect you are going for. My advice would be to try various modules and see how they affect the outcome.

Thanks, I will try a combination of clock, LFO and ADDRSEQ, see what that does on the set up I have for Simpliticiter.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Definitely interested to see where this ends up! The drumming is almost like physical granular synthesis limited to one grain and with emphasis on the pitch envelope. And the tools you’ve assembled are the right ones for that task…

Woah–this is fantastic

whoa - classic of classics!

1 Like

here’s a short video on this topic

1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes
1 Like

50 years ago something strange crawled from the countryside

1 Like

I’d be interested in any tips on synthesizing a good cello-like sound in VCV; I usually resort to samples for that. This new album by cellist/singer/(pianist?) Dom Le Nena has a variety of nice timbres going on:

1 Like

I’m listening to my wife’s first ambient EP. I think she did a really good job, splendid sounds everywhere and vocals too

6 Likes

Not just nepotism, really nice. :slight_smile:

Been listening to some Ian Dury and The Blockheads. This tribute to Gene Vincent, who his band supported a few times IIRC, is lovely and heartfelt.

4 Likes