made me think of how to do a seven minutes song in four,

4 Likes

@ale47p prepping for vcp-50? :wink:

@ingo focus!!! :raised_hands: dutch pride

3 Likes

Another crazy Russian band

1 Like

sorry, I cannot get it :nerd_face:

looks like you might be doing research for participating in === very cool patch challenge, edition 50 ===

Ah! you know, I have done everything for vcp-47 (as it’s my lucky number) but had problems making the video and went out of time…I think 10 days left are enough :hear_no_evil: get ready

2 Likes

The amazing Thievery Corporation

3 Likes

Oh man that record was really big with the IDM list when it came out. Jan Jelinek never disappoints.

2 Likes

So is microhouse one of those genres where the name is completely nondescriptive?

not completely, as the micro in its name is clearly a reference to its minimalism and usage of very short samples.

see also https://www.last.fm/tag/microhouse/wiki

1 Like

Focus, oh yeah! The Dutch Jethro Tull. Well… we can’t have that going down without Golden Earring:

5 Likes

I suppose I should display a little Danish pride then…

‘Gasolin’ was hot as shitz when I was a teen. The guitar player was a total Hendrix freak:

D.A.D. (aka. Disneyland After Dark, before Disney’s lawyers intervened) is one of the consistently great Danish bands through decades:

‘Nephew’ is another well know band, very inventive. This by the way is a good look at things, when Roskilde Festival is really cooking:

‘Kashmir’ was a pretty good band, and for this one they persuaded Bowie to sing a part:

And of course - The Raveonettes, which is the only thing y’all would have heard about of any of these:

Let’s have another one from them:

1 Like

I had some friends who did a cover version of hocus pocus!

2 Likes

Do you know Flod? Although they’ve only made one record and it’s much better live but having seen them in concert, their… post-folk/rock/alt might make them my favourite Danish band. Greetings from Kolding :wink: Now, I’m from ze country of Krautrock and Kraftwerk but Hamburger Schule is what I like to share re: German music.

and featuring one of the best basslines this side of disco:

3 Likes

once I had this VHS (yes, THIS one) :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Another Dutch oldie.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Cool! Never heard that phrase before, but I quite like the first ‘Kante’ piece. Reminds me a lot of the stuff that ‘Nephew’ is doing, very nice. My favorite German music remains the first album from Nina Hagen, the first album from Spliff, and then of course all the wonderful electronic music, chiefly Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze, and a bit of the krautrock as well, like the best of Popul Vuh and Can. I’ve never heard of ‘Flod’, do you have a link?

Yeah, Flod aren’t exactly big - and quite possibly disbanded. Which is a shame.

1 Like