What are you listening to?

I suppose I should display a little Danish pride then…

‘Gasolin’ was hot as shitz when I was a teen. The guitar player was a total Hendrix freak:

D.A.D. (aka. Disneyland After Dark, before Disney’s lawyers intervened) is one of the consistently great Danish bands through decades:

‘Nephew’ is another well know band, very inventive. This by the way is a good look at things, when Roskilde Festival is really cooking:

‘Kashmir’ was a pretty good band, and for this one they persuaded Bowie to sing a part:

And of course - The Raveonettes, which is the only thing y’all would have heard about of any of these:

Let’s have another one from them:

1 Like

I had some friends who did a cover version of hocus pocus!

2 Likes

Do you know Flod? Although they’ve only made one record and it’s much better live but having seen them in concert, their… post-folk/rock/alt might make them my favourite Danish band. Greetings from Kolding :wink: Now, I’m from ze country of Krautrock and Kraftwerk but Hamburger Schule is what I like to share re: German music.

and featuring one of the best basslines this side of disco:

3 Likes

once I had this VHS (yes, THIS one) :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Another Dutch oldie.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Cool! Never heard that phrase before, but I quite like the first ‘Kante’ piece. Reminds me a lot of the stuff that ‘Nephew’ is doing, very nice. My favorite German music remains the first album from Nina Hagen, the first album from Spliff, and then of course all the wonderful electronic music, chiefly Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze, and a bit of the krautrock as well, like the best of Popul Vuh and Can. I’ve never heard of ‘Flod’, do you have a link?

Yeah, Flod aren’t exactly big - and quite possibly disbanded. Which is a shame.

1 Like

More from my local modular synth community. Who knows, one day I might join in.

For these sessions, they have a limit of six people, with newcomers in preference to those that have participated before. They start the session unpatched, and during the afternoon collaborate and record.

This is the second session. The third was held last week, and the recording Is being prepared for release.

7 Likes

This is great and only on track 2 :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

And here’s some video from the most recent Melbourne Modular Theme Time

6 Likes

It is such a cool thing.

"MMTT is a space for creativity. A place to inspire and help each other to create sounds, and bounce ideas off each other. A space to get things wrong, and try again. "

“Everyone comes with a clean case, no patch cables. Except for the theme winner, who comes with one sound patched to start proceedings. To start proceedings we have 1 minute of silence and the first sound is added slowly by the theme winner. Everyone slowly joins in after, going around the room counter clock wise, at their own pace, but they are only permitted one sound at a time.”

3 Likes

Snufmumriko Chimera today.

4 Likes

Well, I’mmm listening to the outcome of following this one of Omri’s tutorials and may have been doing that for the past twenty minutes or I don’t know time is an illusion.

!! I’d buy that record, yes! And a great project to boot.

My favorite performer on the theremin is an amazing Carolina Eyck

The inventor of the theremin Leo Theremin also played his instrument well.

4 Likes

this is the first video I saw years ago by Carolina, and it still is one on my favorite performances of hers…you know…playing Maestro :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like
3 Likes

This is my favorite video too

3 Likes

Cool…