=== vcp challenge #76: one voice ===

I love the sound of a Benjolin, and it is a wonderful starting point for creating a single voice patch.

I have created multiple VCV Rack virtual emulations of the Benjolin, and gotten great satisfaction. I also had the chance to compare my most recent version with an actual hardware Benjolin from After Later Audio, and was thrilled at how similar my emulation is.

Here are some of my favorite Benjolin emulator patches/recordings in reverse chronological order. They are all from the same thread, but collected here for easy access. Patches are available at the links.

Showcasing 11 diverse sounds in one patch:

A Dark Foreboding Patch

My first try adding delay with an early form of the emulator

Some great diverse sounds here.

A short emulation of a sax!

Long form auto-generative ambient piece with my first emulator

This is still one of my favorites

2 Likes

Making use of Macro Oscillator 2’s palette of timbres, but always playing one at a time, blending and bleeding only through delay and reverb FX. Hope this does not violate the rules. Proteus as pattern creator. Caudal for semi-chaotic modulation.

This is my first VCP and I am late to the party anyway. I was close to jumping ship on this one because of niggling doubts :laughing:, so any comments would be cordially appreciated.

https://patchstorage.com/head-in-the-clouds-vcp-76/

2 Likes

Just getting this done minutes ago… I will get the patch up on Patchstorage tomorrow morning. I present, A Man of Constant Chill. Plaits - Inharmonic String Modeling into Spectral Clouds for the VCP-76 Challenge.

6 Likes

Pretty cool sounds.

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: