plugins that are questionable whether there will be V2 updates

Thanks Steve, commenting out has helped a bit although I still have a lot of errors. They seem to mostly the same thing though so perhaps it’s not quite as bad as it seems - make errors - Pastebin.com

Ahh, different issue

Ouch - a lot of errors there and way above my pay grade by the look of them. Sorry.

Any plugins I picked up to try porting that had compile errors half this long I swiftly put down again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I’ll have to leave it to someone who actually knows what they are doing!

Hey, I already got a working source on my v2 branch.

Can I ask where have you tried contacting me? I can’t see it anywhere.

I’d love Skyrlar Jack plugins for v2. I need JACK functionality. :frowning:

Skrylar’s repo’s were archived two years ago. Quoting the readme: “They are not profitable to work on, so they are maintained or developed on a whim.”

Contact and donate to the developer, see what happens.

Hora Music is working on their modules (I’ve seen this info on French FB group, couple of days ago).

1 Like

Anyone heard anything about ZZC? - Interesting phase clocks and the commercial Phasesque sequencer

4 Likes

Have bought Phasesque sequencer couple of months ago, but no news at the moment. Wait and see… This sequencer is excellent!

1 Like

Yeah forgot about ZZC, the clock and expanders are in every patch of mine.

2 Likes

Alright devices ?

They will be ported according to Tyler from Alright devices

3 Likes

Good to know ! Cheers.

Hi all, Im the original developer of the Studio 6 + 1 modules.

I have started the v2 upgrade but have issues on Mac, I have had these for a while hence I stopped development. I do not nor intend to have access to a Mac. @pgatt has kindly just tried to build my latest attempt but these do not run.

I am not sure if anyone uses them, but if someone would like to complete the upgrade I would be happy to transfer ownership of the github repo / give access, whatever is wanted or needed really. I can provide more details on the current state of the port.

It marks the end of an era for me, but in open source spirit, they are free to be adopted. My apologies to those that used them.

7 Likes

If you want someone to do this you need to give them permission to use your brand. Transferring the repo should do that, however. But if someone clones your repo and wants to submit to the library they will need your permission.

1 Like

Your modules are ace - particularly Iverson and Wallenda. I certainly use them and hope someone picks them up and continues development.

2 Likes

@Curlymorphic I really like and use your modules,
and I hope that someone will jump in and update them.

1 Like

To clarify, I am happy for the brand name to be used or changed, inform the VCV build team, Andrew, make a statement here or github, really whatever is wanted or needed. They currently live on a separate github account to my personal stuff, I’m not sure if that can be transferred, but if it can I would be happy to do so.

@steve @rsmus7 thank you for the kind words, it really means alot.

3 Likes

I use them, I particularly like Wallenda, it works better for me than any of the other Karplus-Strong-like options. Thank you for your efforts!

3 Likes