plugins that are questionable whether there will be V2 updates

The problem is that there are currently 180 replies in the Plugins that are built for Rack v2 post, but pgatt hasn’t updated the initial post list since Sep 30th.

I’m guessing it’s getting a little difficult to scan that entire thread for releases announced after that date. I posted there almost two weeks ago that my modules had been ported, but that hasn’t made it either.

2 Likes

I do plan on updating Xtrtn to 2.0 - I’m just slow.

5 Likes

@Grande and @Extratone thanks for your news,
you’re not in the “negative” list

btw. I posted today a picture of the plugins I could compile for V2 in the other thread.

Sorry, my bad. Real life has got in the way. We’ve been in and out of lockdown and all sorts of nonsense. Will try to update now. I’d like to make sure this thread doesn’t become a kind of shaming developers. I know many of them would like to update but would be struggling to find time to allocate to updating when they haven’t spent time on their modules recently. Will try and make sense of the working thread now.

6 Likes

So TheXOR are not looking promising, the develop said:

V2 release are not in the radar for now and for the foreseeable future.

Which is a shame because there is significant update sitting on github but they don’t have the time to release it officially. It would be very sad to see them go, the sequencers are amazing and there are some really useful tools (I use the quantizer in every patch).

1 Like

Did you hear from them directly? If so, ask then if they mind if someone adopts them perhaps for porting only, so someone might be able to port those gems… Would indeed be sad to lose these very innovative modules (Nag-Nag-Nag comes to mind immediately)…

What platform are you on?

It was from github issue so I can ask.

@pgatt I’m on linux.

Frank Buss - Formula the nerdy math to volt editor has been lying dormant for ages… github issues aren’t answered. its pretty dead.

I contacted unless modules and wait for a reply regarding a port.

Edit: done. Squinky Labs has officially been discontinued - but there’s already some people who will work out the port.

21kHz *has been adopted by netboy3 years ago and since their initial release nothing much ever happened. * since I am a big fan of the palm loop oscillator, I will take care of porting those modules for windows at least. their license allows it.

@pgatt And I am on Win10

21kHz has already been ported to v2.

Also I spoke to Netboy about MSM the other day and he said he was a bit busy with other stuff but he does intend to port all the plug-ins he adopted to v2 as soon as he can find a little time to do so.

4 Likes

yeah I just saw that when looking for MSM some 10 minutes ago :smiley:

Hello,

Yes Hora modules are ported to V2 yet. The bug on the snare module is fixed and I’m working on the mixer update and upgrade. I hope the mixers will be ready for the V2 release.

This said, I’m working on SIMD using to minimize the CPU load as much as I can. I know it can seems long and fastudious for “just” a mixer but the goal is to upgrade one by one every plugins to be in phase with my current coding skills and what I regard as an interseting module in the actual offer which has evolved a lot during the last two years.

My still humble knowledges have grown a lot since the day I’ve start developing the plugins, one by one these will be widely improved to offer better CPU load, better DSP algo, custom widget when it can give a better user experience. That’s also why I don’t plan to develop new plugins now, very widely improve the existing modules seems more intersting (this should take betwwen 15 days and 1 month per plugin).

7 Likes

I’ve just tried to build TheXOR. After fixing obvious things that make suggests there are still lots of errors, mostly related to randomize which I don’t really have the knowledge to fix unfortunately.

I think I know the issue you are running into. There was a way of initializing the random seed that stopped working a while ago. Lots of my modules use random generators, take look and see if that will help with xor

1 Like

A lot of the errors are like this:

src/../include/common.hpp:551:7: error: ‘void Levetta3PosW::onRandomize()’ marked ‘override’, but does not override
  551 |  void onRandomize() override
      |       ^~~~~~~~~~~

Which relates to:

void onRandomize() override
	{
		getParamQuantity()->setValue(roundf(rescale(random::uniform(), 0.0, 1.0, getParamQuantity()->getMinValue(), getParamQuantity()->getMaxValue())));
	}

Why is the override not recognised? I had a look over yours but they’re pretty complex and I couldn’t see any with this particular function although I did see onReset.

Is it this?: Migrating v1 Plugins to v2 - VCV Rack Manual : “ParamWidget::reset() and ParamWidget::randomize() has been removed”

They said “As long as they remain open source, no problem.”

1 Like

I suspect that is it. I thought I could change randomize to onRandomize but I must be missing something. Honestly don’t really know what I’m doing.

You can try just commenting out the void randomise override line for now and see if it builds - all this is doing I think is saying ‘if the user randomises the module, don’t randomise this’ - so by commenting out it will just mean that parameter gets randomised if user randomises which shouldn’t affect the main functionality.

I had one of these on one of the plugins I ported and Marc told me how to fix it - I’m out now but will have a look through our chat later and and let you know how it was fixed if I can find it.

The jist is you need to move this don’t randomise this out of the widget and into the module.

1 Like