Plugins that are built for Rack v2

is author of GitHub - Skrylar/skjack-vcv: First-class JACK support for VCV Rack here on forum ? repository is read-only, so won’t be ported to v2 I presume …

I just got word from Leonardo Gabrielli, that his plugins will be ported to Rack v2:

“There is only a small fix required, that I haven’t yet uploaded to the git repository. For the rest, the book is 100% compatible with Rack v2. I haven’t updated the git repo because Rack’s default branch is still v1. When it will be v2 I will update my repository too.”

github issue

update for rack v2 beta · Issue #5 · LOGUNIVPM/VCVBook · GitHub

2 Likes

Here are some v2 plugins that which did compile with the previous build, but I get errors on when building against the latest 588342d7:

Befaco, Bidoo, Count Modula and Chow DSP

Has anyone been able to build these against latest version?

Edit: Befaco and Chow DSP compiling fine now.

I’m working on the build errors for CM. The latest API version made some stuff that I use in the colour palette module inaccessible to modules so it no longer builds. I’ve been talking to Andrew about it and am now waiting on a new API release which will resolve the issue.

3 Likes

Befaco and ChowDSP work for me.

1 Like

Befaco fails hard compiling under Win10 for latest Beta here as well, as do the others @steve found…

Here are the results with the rack-plugin-toolchain:

• Befaco, Bidoo, CountModula don’t build
  • ChowDSP builds

I would be interested in seeing the compile error(s) for ChowDSP though (if any).

In file included from src/ChowDer/BaxandallEQ.cpp:1:
**src/ChowDer/BaxandallEQ.hpp:4:10:** **fatal error:** **'wdf_t.h' file not found**
#include <wdf_t.h>

Edit - looks like I had not done a “git submodule update --init --recursive” after pulling.

After doing that it compiles.

3 Likes

Befaco compiling fine on Win10 here, can you share the compiler issue? Note the branch to compile should be v2-redesign which includes the recent Pyer UI updates.

3 Likes

Ah - that branch compiles fine - I was trying the v2 branch before.

Looking super too!

Everyone is gonna have to up their UI game in v2… with the new Fundamental modules and now Befaco, Pyer is blazing the trail!

2 Likes

oh, doh! I was looking in the wrong github repo! Found the right one., building fine now. And them new knobs do look snazzy indeed! All hail @pyer !

2 Likes

I’ve just committed some fixes to Count Modula V2. Unfortunately due to changes in the last API release, I’ve had to disable the Colour Palette module for the moment as the mechanism it requires to function has now been made internal to rack as is no longer accessible to modules. This should be resolved when the next API version is released.

4 Likes

Understood. Not a problem. I am doing mainly test builds with the tool chain and trying to identify integration issues early on.

2 Likes

Would these be of any help?

1 Like

Yep, they’re the API changes I was was waiting for.

New commit to resolve that and a couple of new breakages introduced by the latest API.

Should build cleanly again now.

2 Likes

I’ve posted a PR for beta 1 API fixes to Stoermelder’s Pack One for those of us that use it.

One can build from my fork for testing while waiting for Ben to merge the PR.

1 Like

Bidoo was ok building for windows

sadly still got an error with AudioInterface64 module on Windows :frowning:

I’ve started porting LyraeModules to V2 - GitHub - VegaDeftwing/LyraeModules at v2

3 Likes

What error did you get?