Plugins that are built for Rack v2

Is anyone looking at TheXOR modules? I gave it a go but don’t really have any idea what I’m doing and was not successful building them. There is already a new release there waiting with new modules and quantizers on the sequencers but the dev doesn’t have time release it or port to v2. They have given permission for someone to adopt them for porting purposes though as long as they remain open source.

My modules now work with Rack v2.git.219bbaf1, supporting dark room and port labels!

I also have automated builds for all platforms here, testers are welcome!

Also, here is the github workflow that builds and releases these. Kinda specific to my usecase but it might still be useful for some.

5 Likes

Is there a dedicated place with all the different builds?

3 Likes

I guess the closest to that is if you go to the first post here and open the drop-down at the bottom under Popular Links, whatever starts with “Releases” is hopefully a repo with working builds but since Rack is getting updated fairly frequently right now, things can quickly go out of date.

1 Like

Hello All

I ve compiled successfully (windows only, sorry) Via plugins v2 with latest sync3xl oscillator (great one)

you can download it here :

1 Like

Sort of, I think the consensus was that if people really wanted to build things they could but that things weren’t “ready” yet.

Although I’m sure someone (myself included) would be happy to build things for you at request given who you are :smiley:

1 Like

That’s perfect, Marc, thank you!

1 Like

Yeah, I guess that it’s best to wait for the release so everything is a bit more stable. Thanks!

I really appreciate it, thank you! Maybe it’s better to wait for the release though. Things change too often so there’s a need to build everything again and again… I found a few builds though so, for now, it’s ok :slight_smile: Thanks again!

1 Like

Has anyone taken a look at theXor modules?

I had a quick go and couldn’t get very far.

1 Like

I’m happy to announce that 21kHz and MSM are now both fully ported to V2. Binary builds are available on their respective release sections for all platforms and were built against RackV2 git version 219bbaf1.

16 Likes

sweet, thanks!

1 Like

Nice to see them @netboy3!

1 Like
1 Like

I wonder if “somebody should” maintain a new thread/list of “plugins that are being ported to v2 by other devs with permission from owners”. Doing so might avoid some duplicate effort. Also make it easier to sort out the legalities if/when these modules are submitted to v2 library.

I would hope that peoples’ open source projects are left to their developers for a reasonable period of time to deal with. After some amount of abandonment it would be appropriate for others to take over the projects. I believe this has been discussed extensively in other threads.

Yes, I know that. But:

1. The previous VCV policy of allowing this has been revoked. Now the plugin rule of ethics applies, so a dev can not re-release someone else’s plugins (in the library) without changing the branding and panels. Unless they have a wavier from the “owner” of these things.

2. It would be a shame for more than one dev to do this at the same time.

Of course if someone forks a repo and doesn’t ever submit to the VCV library, then those rules don’t apply. So it may be important, or at least interesting, for VCV users to know if a plugin is coming to v2 as something they must build themselves, or as something that will probably be in the library.

Actually, I don’t think these issues have been discussed extensively already.

3 Likes

SubmarineFree is now fully ported to v2. There are no pre-built binaries available yet, I hope to upgrade my CI pipelines soon.

The source is in the v2 branch of the github page.

18 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face:

OSC’elot is now available for v2:

5 Likes