Noodlings of Lars

This is great Lars, put me in a nice mood, the flute-y sound was giving me Pink Floyd vibe!

1 Like

Thanks Adi, I’m always happy when you like my music. You know, it’s so funny because I was actually thinking of Rick Wright when I made that voice, I guess you picked up on that. I always adored his keyboard playing.

This is a lovely atmospheric composition, really nice work Lars!

1 Like

Thank you very much Al, happy you like it!

The mysteries of Vult are deep, and in this patch I set out to explore how to use Quincunx from the new Vult Mysteries plugin, for making music. It’s a wonderful little Turing-like module for making generative music but it does have a learning curve. I would have loved it if it had a freeze trigger and if the range of the tabu knob was larger. A knob for CV range would have been a nice perk as well, but we can’t have everything and I do love the combination of the CV out and the triggers - it makes for lots of interesting possibilities. Great work by Leonardo!

Quincunx is at the heart of this patch, and is driving both resonators with triggers as well as pitch CV. The bass is played by Saws and the pad by XFX Wave.

You will find the patch here: https://patchstorage.com/counting-the-beans/
6 Likes

Truley amazing work! Wow!

1 Like

Thanks very much!

1 Like

Hey gang! Long time no patch…

This piece started as an exploration into using Marbles for chord progressions.

Three CV outs are taken from Marbles and fed to the Basal poly VCO as a chord. New notes are slowly introduced from Marbles by periodically releasing the freeze button, using the stoermelder CV-MAP module, a delay and a logic module. Likewise, four CV outs are taken from Marbles and are fed, via the sequential switch, to the lovely itCz phase distortion VCO, from the Animated Circuits preview plugin, which is playing the chirpy top line voice. The wonderful Energy ring modulator VCO is used for the bass line and Tides is used for suitable modulation around the place. The new VCV M/S Encoder was used for a bit of stereo widening.

My recent inspirations for this piece were probably listening to Emily Sprague, Caterina Barbieri and Philip Glass.

Marbles is great, Marbles is glorious! I intend to get to the bottom of it :slight_smile: Enjoy!

You will find the patch here: https://patchstorage.com/chirpy-the-sandman/
Note that the Animated Circuits preview plugin is not yet in the library.
3 Likes

Agreed!

Great choice of voices - that bass is cool, as is “chirpy”.

Mid-side is now in my starting template too.

1 Like

Thanks Paul, glad you liked it!

I’d use that more if i knew what the “width” knobs actually did.

My expert usage so far is simply turning the lower width knob to the right, which gives the stereo widening effect. It’s easier to hear than to explain, but it basically lowers the volume of the center of the audio field and raises it at the edges of the field. You can do the opposite as well, extremely mono-fying it, making a weird audio version of tunnel-vision.

1 Like

Dear Rackanteurs
I want to share with you the outcome from this fine Saturday of musical fiddling and noodling.

At the heart of this piece is a further experiment with the new VCV:Chords module. There’s two Plaits in chords mode, playing some organ’ish voices, slightly different in timbre, playing each their sequence from two Chords modules, each of which are playing 4 different but related chords through sequential switches.

An EvenVCO square wave is playing a staccato voice through a low pass gate, sequenced by Grids (uGraph) with some pulse wave modulation added. Pico drums for the kick.

On top, XFX Wawe is droning with my favorite wave table (Modern Plasma). Various utilities makes the thing come alive a bit.

Hope you’ll enjoy it, as I did making it.

5 Likes

The beginning has a Dos videogame vibe, really cool Lars !

1 Like

:blush: Thanks Olival!

1 Like

My entry to VCP-40:

Sounds great! Hope this weekend will have that beautiful outcome as well… That chord module seems so cool.

Keep up the good work!

/Klas

1 Like

Thanks Klas, happy you like it. Yeah, Saturday tends to be my music day of relaxation and forgetting the work week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greg Brouelette (aka. Modular Curiosity) did a video and re-ignited my love of interleaved and offset repetitive sequences, and all things Steve Reich and minimalism. Thus inspired, this piece is the result.

As usual, Rings, Saws and Vult never fails to deliver and Foundry is an awesome sequencer. Best played LOUD. Enjoy!

9 Likes

Another great one Lars

1 Like