Noodlings of Lars

Well, I’m carrying on with a slightly modified version of @ablaut’s VCP-32 rack. Now with EXTRA Gedodesics :slight_smile: Man, I forgot how great Ions is. The whole tune is basically played by Ions, with plenty of Chronoblob and other good stuffs. Also, Omri is right about the Cosmic - it really is a wonderful oscillator. Created entirely with VCV Rack and nothing else. Enjoy!

You’ll find the patch here:
https://patchstorage.com/looking-for-echoes/

4 Likes

Really nice composition Lars!

1 Like

Thanks a bunch Al, appreciate it!

Cool, some great voices in there!

1 Like

Thanks Paul!

That’s some good stuff right there Lars, seriously well done!

1 Like

Thank you so much Adi!

This one is for Andrew Belt, a little serenade to celebrate the release of Rack 1, and all the hard work and dedication that’s gone into it.

The new Geodesics:Energy is one bonkers, crazy deep module, with a huge palette of sonic possibilities. I love it! I think it’s very much like a Mutable Instruments module: Here’s 5 knobs, 7 inputs and 9 buttons, all interchangably affecting each other. Now go play… It does have a learning curve but it’s very rewarding. Well done and thank you Pierre and Marc!

And why not pair it with the new Valley:Feline filter, another lovely module with nice things to explore. Just yummie - Thank you Dale for all your hard work, you know we’re all totally addicted to Valley!

I’m really enjoying all the improvements and new features of Rack 1. There are things here and there that I would personally like different, but it’s a huge leap forward, and quite the triumph. Polyphony is just wonderful, and MIDI out so powerful. And already I wouldn’t trade the new seemless zoom for anything. We all owe Andrew a debt of gratitude, together with all the other developers of all these amazing Rack plugins. Enjoy!

You’ll find the patch here: https://patchstorage.com/serenade-for-rack-1/

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words Lars, glad you like Energy! Cool patch btw, simple and effective, just the way I like them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like this a lot Lars. I’ll take your advice and go and play with Energy :wink: … (maybe it should be used for those Chernobyl inspired tracks :smile: )

1 Like

Thanks a bunch Marc, and double back to you! Yeah… I really like Energy, I forsee many good moments to come with it. :slight_smile:

You should :wink: Thanks very much Paul!

I probably shouldn’t say this, but… you’re my favorite Rack musician Paul (closely followed by Adi Quinn, Jim Frye and Omri Cohen) so it always means something extra special to me, when you say something nice about my music. So, thanks again!

1 Like

Thank you so much Lars. I’m so happy that my journey into music is making something that someone enjoys. Your encouragement makes me want to try harder… so much to learn… and the people here have so many great skills to study, absorb and adapt.

And I think we share many similar tastes in music too :wink:

1 Like

That was really enjoyable Lars! Gave me some new ideas to explore too. I always love the high quality and pureness you bring in your patches! Well done once again sir!

1 Like

Thanks very much Adi! You made me blush :blush:

oh man, Edgars Dream ! Felt like a nice gentle progression but with a confident stable gait. Lots of interesting leads. Just a great sound. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a slow… midnight… river…

I’ve been quite inspired by the works of Paul Piko and Ananda Bhisma lately, so a shout out to them and here’s what it promoted in me.

Practicing my automation skills with Janneker and Jooper (thanks for the tutorial Omri!) and trying out some new modules. My lord, we have so many good things in Rack.

This one is for the slowheads, hope you’ll like it.

You’ll find the patch here: https://patchstorage.com/slow-midnight-river/
5 Likes

Another great one there Lars. Those little touches in there take it a step up.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Paul, much appreciated!