Noodlings of Lars

Seriously cool sequences Lars, and I love when this bass comes rumbling in.

1 Like

Thanks very much Paul! Happy you like it :blush:

Thanks a lot Adi, I appreciate that! The cool thing about those sequences, and I think one of the “secrets” of minimalism, is, that those two interleaved sequences are… so simple. One simple 5 step and one simple 7 step. Choosing the right notes and they endlessly swirl around each other, creating lots of subtle variation and at times seemingly almost a third sequence between them. That will never cease to fascinate me. And yeah, I’m a big fan of Saws, such lovely analog sounds. Bruce really hit it on the head with that one.

3 Likes

My entry to the single sound source contest (VCP-43)

The single sound source is Braids in SIx3 mode (3 sines).

All notes are supplied by a chaotic LFO from the wonderful Wiqid plugin, through a quantizer. I really like those LFO’s Ben!

The sound goes through two branches of processing: The first is through Clouds in Looping Delay mode. The second is through a looper into Clouds in Granular mode.

And that’s it :slight_smile: Enjoy!

You’ll find the patch here: https://patchstorage.com/looping-sines/

2 Likes

Great work Lars! I might have to steal this looper idea someday :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Adi! Steal away my friend :slight_smile:

That’s a loopy patch Lars, nice!

1 Like

A simple, quiet piece, entirely driven by Marbles.

I do love the sound of the Surge Phaser, thanks to Paul Piko for turning me on to that one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice Lars!

1 Like

Thanks Paul, glad you liked it!

Long time no patch, life’s been happening, that has to be remedied…

This one is a fairly mellow, kind of acoustic sounding patch. I wanted to explore ways of driving the melody from chords. I have the new(ish) Chord-Key (it’s great) playing 6 chords and the Wave is playing them as is. Rings is then picking the individual notes of the chords in a slightly drunken-walk pattern, with the second Rings picking out the occasional note one octave above.

Also practicing my use of the Mindmeld mixer and EQ, they’re great!

This should be good for calming the nerves in these interesting times. Enjoy! Entirely made with VCV Rack.

Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ6cMAi9Ajw

6 Likes

Nice to have you back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Paul!

Seems the YouTube embedding API is crashing at the moment, but you can always play the video on YouTube by just clicking on the video title in the upper left of the video.

1 Like

Oh wow superb track <3

1 Like

Thanks very much Valentin, you’re very kind!

1 Like

Hey! Very nice piece Lars, I love this progression! I was just playing with this Chord-Key module & some switches yesterday, and realized how fun and easy it is to use :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks very much Adi, glad you like it! On Chord-Key I would love a trig input, to move to next chord, but other than that it’s a nice module for entering and playing chords, I like it.

3 Likes

Very nice, @LarsBjerregaard.

1 Like

Thanks Rick, happy you like it!