Member Introductions 😃

Hi i’m Henk, i live in the far north of the Netherlands at the coast.
I used to teach physics.
My interest in VCV is mostly technical, i’m not a verry good musician. But it’s fun to shape waves.
I could help with making svg i’m good with inkscape and handwritten svg.

8 Likes

than you can use nysthi::phasor to teach fourier series :nerd_face:

4 Likes

What like I am a little crazy, well yes and a tad mad if that explains anything.

2 Likes

hello everyone, my name is David, im french and im doing sound design for video games and animation !! Using VCV Rack in my workflow more and more for processing sounds and making some source materials for work :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome to the community David :wink: Have a nice time using Vcv Rack ! It is indeed so nice for processing sounds :blush:

PS : Super un autre français :grin: je me demande combien on est maintenant haha.

1 Like

Plus nombreux que tu le penses… lol

3 Likes

Well hello Inverted-Popes here. VCV Rack, what can I say but absolutely awesome. Been wanting to move into modular for some time but you all know how expensive that can be right! So when I came across VCV Rack I was gobsmacked not only was it just amazing but also free? So I have started to use and learn modular via VCV Rack and will continue to do so. Going to mix soft and hard as things expand what a journey this will be. Thanks Andrew Belt and everyone involved in the VCV Rack project.

7 Likes

hey! je sais pas du tout, je suis venu ici parce que c’est le forum officiel surtout et qu’en anglais tu as bien plus de personnes qui peuvent répondre aux questions/ interagir :slight_smile: je crois qu’il y a une page vcv france sur facebook aussi !

2 Likes

Hey everybody. My nickname is Mixer, I write from Berlin, I’ve been here for a while but never introduced myself yet.

I’m a musician by passion. I use hardware but I decided not to use hardware modular synthesizers, mostly for economical reasons. Of course I’m incredibly happy and thankful that VCV provides me with a free/sustainable way to explore the modular approach and its infinite potential. I really appreciate how this is an important part of the VCV project.

9 Likes

Hey everyone, my name is Jim and I am an American born in West Germany but have lived in the NYC area since I was an infant. I work primary as an IT Operations Engineer, which is to say my expertise is more broad rather than deep.

My interest in music is the type which is dedicated to exploring and learning, either actively or as a listener. In the 80s, I began picking up guitar alongside learning how to hack and manipulate tape, early digital looping effects and a cassette four track. I was then trained as an audio engineer on 2” 16 track equipment as well as MIDI/SMPTE. In the 90s, I played improvised rock/pop music as a guitarist/bassist with a rotating cast of players associated with WUSB Stony Brook. Along the way I started my own very small homegrown cassette label called Upholstery Supreme Records. Around 2k decided to concentrate more on my growing collection of gear and my own seemingly more adventurous computer recording. Eventually I settled on Ableton Live and releasing music online, adding the name Blister Pop Unlimited as my new “label” name. I still maintain Reason and FL Studio as well as a bunch of four tracks, guitar pedals and drum machines, a large pile of guitars and basses plus a handful of orchestral and percussion instruments I have little formal instruction on.

My maxim is “everything is an instrument.”

I found VCV only this year while trying to locate some of the older 16-bit programs I used back before I discovered vst hosts as well as being inspired by YouTubers like Hainbach and Andrew Huang…and I tripped over this great program.

I am very happy to apply what I know already to the new things I can learn here. Thanks for having me here!

7 Likes

Hey! I’m Teddy. This is my second go at VCV rack; the first was before I moved across the Atlantic and started touring. Besides that, no experience with modular synthesis, but I’ve been playing guitar and programming microcontrollers for a while now, so how hard can it be? smash cut to me suffering from my hubris somehow

Anyways, hope you’re having a good day/weekend/whatever. Good vibes

6 Likes

Hi all. I’m Craig and I live in Devon, UK. I’m pushing 50 now and have been obsessed with electronic and dance music since I was a kid. I was lucky enough to have a siblings who were 10 years older than me and got introduced to psych/rock from my brother and soul, funk and disco from my sister. She bought me my first James Brown single when I was 5, because I kept stealing hers, heh!

My passions are Pre 1986 hip hop, rap and electro, freestyle, disco, garage/psych, house, techno and left field danceable sounds. I’ve recently picked production again after a very long break (Ableton / Push 2 / Reaktor). Have had a few House records out in 2005 (with the very talented KiNK) and was a club DJ for 25 odd years but it’s just a hobby for me these days.

Been aware of VCV since the start but it was after discovering @Omri_Cohen channel I thought I’d attempt to go deeper with it and use in my productions.

Great little community here. Can’t wait for V1.

Always up for a chat if you share interests/tastes.

8 Likes

Hi Craig,

just curious, why pre-86 hip hop? I do realize it was a special era, but there are so many great artists that came after that period :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi SyBorg,

The two main reasons where 86-ish was when the first real big shift in Hip Hop, things were changing and evolving and the productions were turning more to sampling breaks and leaving the drum machines behind, I was always in love with more electronic sound and the very early DJ and MC sets. I really love the party vibes of the early stuff versus the more political sounds of say, Public Enemy.

And then House Music came along and the Acid House scene happened here in the UK and I was very involved in that and I never kept up with the Hip Hop after.

These days I’m busy tracking down early Hip Hop jam tape recordings and radio shows, especially anything from the late 70’s, that’s the golden era for me.

1 Like

Hey wow, I’m really happy that my videos inspired you to go ahead and give vcv a chance :slight_smile: Thanks!

4 Likes

I see, awesome. Yeah, the original 808 driven hip hop sound is quite special. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, very special. Have you seen the 808 documentary?

1 Like

Nope, but I’ll check it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK will have to get this on the list of things-to-watch-while-I-pretend-to-do-other-things lol.

2 Likes

welcome Yann!!! did you also like a Brian Eno w Roxy Music? not quite the keyboard virtuoso but very modular based.

glad you are here brotha

2 Likes