Marc Boulé's Impromptu music thread

Yeah, I was blown away by it, and although some prefer sampled pianos, I found it quite neat to get that kind of sound in such a small footprint… i.e. not 60 GB of samples :stuck_out_tongue:

J’ai voté…

2 Likes

Time for another small cover, this time it’s a few minutes from Julia Bondar’s Modular Live Techno set. This is from the piece called Enchanted, which opens her set, and since I couldn’t get that small 3-note ostinato out of my head, I figured I might as well attempt it in Rack!

14 Likes

Wow, great patch Marc! You get so much out of it, sign of a creative mind. Great to see how you play and control it.

1 Like

Nicely done Marc! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My first drone piece. Thanks to @ablaut for the scale and theme suggestion in his Drone Day 2021 mix (and thanks for using my contribution in your mix!).

10 Likes

Very relaxing piece! Keep on droning!

2 Likes

Thanks!

A pair of ProbKeys taking Rack v1 for a final run. Never thought I could feel nostalgic at a version update… :zap: :grinning: Good times in v1, and the best is yet to come in v2!

UPDATE: placed 6th in the 2021 Pianoteq contest with this piece :slight_smile:

15 Likes

That’s beautiful!

(good bye old friend V1 :slight_smile: )

1 Like

That’s beautiful Marc! Somehow reminds me a lot of a Caterina Barbieri composition. So great you did that with two Prob-Key’s, definately need to spend more time with it, such a lovely module.

1 Like

Short techno jam using VCV Drums and Vital Synth:

6 Likes

For all Rackheads with a suppressed (or admitted!) harp fondness :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Really nice!

Ah… that was wonderful Marc! Some expert playing on Foundry there, no suprise :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! The keyboard shortcuts on that SEQ display really came in handy Lars :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Time for another cover! This time the victim is Dustin O’Halloran and his beautiful piece called We Move Lightly.

15 Likes

nice! Do you think this is the future - all audio in VST and rack used for sequencing?

1 Like

Beautiful Marc!
Interesting little new member there in the Impromptu family :face_with_monocle:

Very nice piece Marc. Reminded me of Philip Glass as well.