Why is it desyncing?

I have a glas plane module and a 8x16 sequencer module connected to a clock. glasplane goes into 2x clock and the sequencer into a 4x clock. both modules are also connected to the run and reset output of the clock, but even if i press reset multiple times and then run the clock the both modules are sometimes out of sync. why is that? and what can i do to start them always in sync?

here is a link to the patch: https://premiumforce.de/question.rar

I am fairly new to vcv and modular. this is driving me crazy.

I cannot see your patch but if you are using Impromptu’s Clocked make sure the following are set in the right click menu. Clock kept high on stopped clock - off On stop send internal reset - checked and on start send reset pulse - checked.

adding a pic of the patch (from question.rar):

I think sync can be solved using tips in these archived threads

something like this with added “Count Modula: Master Reset”:

you still use the reset button on clocked to reset everything

Thank you guys. I did the the settings in the right click menue: on stop: do internal reset on stop: send reset pulse clock high when stoped: off looks like this worked. everything in sync within 30 tests :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It seems that the link you provided is not accessible, so I cannot review the specific patch you mentioned. However, I can offer some general advice on synchronizing modules in VCV Rack.

When dealing with synchronization issues between modules, it’s important to ensure that all connected modules are receiving a consistent and stable clock signal. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Clock Distribution:
  • Make sure the clock signal is distributed correctly to all modules. Use multiples or stackable cables to send the clock signal to multiple destinations.
  1. Reset Signals:
  • Ensure that the reset signal is correctly wired to both modules. Some modules may require specific trigger signals for proper resetting.
  1. Clock Rate:
  • Check if the clock rates of the clock modules are set appropriately. Some modules may have adjustable clock rates, and mismatched rates can lead to synchronization issues.
  1. Module Settings:
  • Review the settings of each module, especially those related to clock and synchronization. Some modules have options to start at a specific phase or respond to certain trigger conditions.
  1. VCV Rack Version:
  • Ensure that you are using the latest version of VCV Rack. Sometimes, updates may include bug fixes that could affect module synchronization.
  1. Module-Specific Documentation:
  • Refer to the documentation of the specific modules you are using. It may provide insights into any quirks or specific requirements for synchronization.

Andrew

If the issue persists, you may consider reaching out to the VCV Rack community forums or the specific module developers for additional assistance. Providing details about the modules and their settings will also help others troubleshoot the problem more effectively.

1 Like