Organic Harmony E-minor with start delay.vcv (13.6 KB)
log.txt (91.7 KB)
Sure. Attached is the patch file. Note, this was a functioning version that did not have the delay reset button modules attached to each other or to CLKD. I have not been able to get a crash with that patch. For this upload, I saved the patch into a new name, connected up the delay/momentary/OR modules and connected the OR out to CLKD reset as shown in my screen snip above. I then saved the file. Then I clicked on the Momentary and Rack immediately crashed. Attached is the log file from that crash. As you can see, there is a stack trace but no module is implicated.
As a reminder, I am on Win11 and running Rack 2.1.0 . Note also, @Squinky has done extensive debugging on my patch under Windows but has never been able to create a crash. All of the modules in the patches came from the VCV library with the exception of Squinkytronix Harmony and Arpeggiator which are development builds done by him and Meander which I build locally with the 2.1.0 SDK. But, I have reverted to the library build of Meander for testing over the past month and still had the crashes.
Also, it seems to be a lost cause looking for modules causing problems. I have done an extensive set of experiments where I systematically removed all brands of plugin modules, one plugin at a time and could not totally eliminate the crashes. But, the more modules I have in the patch, the more likely I am to have a crash. I usually have to launch, exit, launch… from 1-30 times to get the crash on a crash prone patch like the one attached.
@Squinky has done a super job of debugging as well as address sanitizer checks, focusing on Meander, Harmony and Arpeggiator but also looking at my complex patch. Nothing serious has been found, based on my limited understanding of those tools.
I updated to Rack 2.1.0 immediately after it was pre-released on 2/26 . Squinky and I began our conversation on this around 3/26 because I was testing Harmony and Arpeggiator in variations of the attached patch file. As @marc_boule mentioned, the Rack bug he identified and provided a fix for tends to show up when editing patches. At the time I started having crashes, I was doing a lot of editing. Along the way I had many false leads as crashes seemed to be associated with whichever modules I was editing at the time, but I truly believe that there is no plugin/module causing these crashes. I advise that you not take that path of trying to find a problem in a plugin.
Well, this is probably long enough. Thanks for looking at this. I just don’t think you are going to be able to find anything related to a plugin.