What are you Watching? (Educational)

1 Like

Watching some content of this invaluable channel. For example this great tutorial on how to get more depth in a stereo mix

4 Likes

I have dark thoughts recently ā€¦

1 Like
1 Like
4 Likes

Just watched the documentary about Hipgnosis and their album covers. Hereā€™s the trailer

2 Likes
2 Likes

Anything about Throbbing Gristle in there?

3 Likes

Just mentioned briefly when talking about Peter Christopherson. And he was discussed mainly in relation to his work with Peter Gabriel and the Sex Pistols, and the darkness he brought to Hipgnosis artwork.

Did you know genesis and Cosey are on the infamous cover of ā€œforce itā€ by UFO?

1 Like

We do now :

2 Likes

A random comment: most of TGā€™s output is hard to listen to, with ā€˜Hamburger Ladyā€™ topping my personal chart as the most disturbing thing ever recorded, but post TG (& Psychic TV), without Genesis, Chris and Cosey, and Coil, have made sublime music that I listen to regularly.

One shouldnā€™t speak ill of the dead but when I read ā€˜Art Sex Musicā€™ a few years ago, Genesis came across a pretty unpleasant human being.

5 Likes

Breaking new ground in realtime wavetable and additive synthesis. I wondered what was taking so long; I know now.

Amazingly, it also PWMs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that book the Cosey book? I read that.

Yes!

I enjoyed that book, and for sure G did not come off well. Iā€™ve had various TG, PTV, CTI, Cris Carter albums over the years. Always liked TG a bit, if only because they were so ā€œout thereā€. Their first live album was pretty listenable. too.