What are you Watching? (Educational)

I subscribed to the Numberphile channel. It has inspired me to some nice noises, although not yet made with VCV Rack, but with ( :wave: @computerscare) SuperCollider.

1 Like

must watch!

2 Likes

Really cool talk, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

in case of you are not following vultdsp on instagram , there is a @modlfo interview

5 Likes

His lecture on depression and how it relates to stress hormones is one of the best things I’ve seen on the subject, I wish I could be his patient lol.

1 Like

OK so this is less about life lessons and more about playing guitar, but I find this guy to be exactly on my musical wavelength for guitar music (indie rock leaning heavily towards 70’s/80’ post-punk) and he really nails the presentation.

4 Likes

Disney Gallery Star Wars The Mandalorian S01 E07 - Music :magnet:

4 Likes

Some great interviews with the early movers & shakers.

5 Likes

Excellent stuff :ok_hand:

Some great sampling potential too.

James Bruton makes a synth out of a barcode scanner:

I think the early bits are the most interesting from our point of view (I can’t imagine 3d printing a guitar analog to use with a barcode scanner).

1 Like
1 Like

Matt Berry (IT Crowd, Toast Of London, etc) is not just a comedian. He’s also a musician.

1 Like

Educational ? If you can’t learn something from this story you have a hole in your soul.

1 Like

Really good. If you’re into sound. :wink:

Edit 2022: Updated the URL as YouTube and copyright and moving video URLs and all that…

Julius Sumner Miller: Lesson 31 - Waves - Kinds of Properties

5 Likes

I’ve been watching this whole series, it’s really great!

1 Like

I used to watch his Australian kids show Why Is It So? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Loved this.

5 Likes

…and Grisey too.

6 Likes

The Story of ARP Instruments:

5 Likes

Thomas Dolby tells stories about making music, and foray into games

3 Likes