What are you Watching? (Educational)

Somewhere in the last 25 years, I used ACID Pro Loops and wrote software to allow me to control all aspects of the software from a gaming controller. I think I was brute force remote controlling the mouse cursor on the screen where I had mapped all the ACID controls in screen space so that I could do anything from the game controller that I could do with a mouse. I used Xbox controllers, flight controller joysticks and even a Wii wireless hand-controller.

I did have Cakewalk many years ago, but I was always pushing the limits of what was possible.

Anyway, it is easy to trigger flashbacks to crazy projects I have done over the years and seemingly forgotten.

It is fun to watch and listen about other experimentalists. Thanks for posting this.

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

So Warrenā€™s (produce like a pro) part 2 of the King Crimson documentary dropped and itā€™s amazing. So Iā€™ll just leave part 1 and part 2 here, as, in my mind, the definitive KC documentary, or certainly introduction to one of the most amazing bands ever.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Thank you for that recommendation. Somehow I hadnā€™t heard of her yet even though she works in my hometown!

Karl Bartos of Kraftwerk

5 Likes

Einstein Field Equations - for beginners! - YouTube A ā€˜simplifiedā€™ lecture about Einstein Field Equations. My interest in music also spans into logic, mathematics, cybersecurity and science. I donā€™t always understand everything but it is definitely fascinating as I engage in further independent education. Lots of cool video suggestions on this page!

1 Like

I like Bob Eagleā€™s white board explanations. I also enjoyed Leonard Susskindā€™s lectures on General Relativity and String Theory. Of course, those are at a relatively advanced level. I see that Bob Eagle acknowledges Susskind on his video intro. Self guided education is the best.

3 Likes

This was cool

6 Likes

ITMA, Alex Ball, this time checking out an MS-50

2 Likes
2 Likes

Arthur C Clarke in 1974 being crazily correct about the future

4 Likes

And in 1945 he proposed the geosynchronous communications satellite!

1 Like

He was a visionary and as a sci-fi writer pumping ideas into minds definitely helped steer the ship of progress in those directions.

2 Likes

He was one of my favorite sci-fi authors during my formative teen years in the 1960s.

1 Like
1 Like

I think out of all the ideas he had the one that really blew my mind, in the Rama books, was the concept that it takes so long to journey from one solar system to another you could simply send off an empty ship that uses a series of machines to build ā€˜peopleā€™ from the raw materials when you reach your destination.

2 Likes