What are you listening to?

Inwards - Dart

2 Likes

I saw the Plays Live Tour with Peter in the Edinburgh Playhouse, swinging on an asymmetric bar front of stage singing Shock the Monkey! :smile:

1 Like

Recently I’ve been listening to music by Roger Reynolds, Bruno Maderna, and Joji Yuasa.

1 Like

Been listening to Kimbra excessively for the past few weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been listening to quite a lot of contempary sax music recently:

^From this amazing album by Colin Stetson:

Also this mesmerizing solo piece, played live with no overdubs or anything:

Finally, this live set from a group called Moon Hooch:

3 Likes

Jazz Tuba.

2 Likes

Epic!

Just discovered Akihiko Matsumoto, really like his beats! (paging @Eurikon) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah good stuff :sunglasses::+1::notes:

1 Like

Oh wow, really digging this 1st set right now, sounds awesome.

1 Like

I have such a long history with various music tastes. For me, taste = my age + my current mood going backwards…

2019… 2013

I am huge fan of SomaFm It opened up for me Downtempo, trip hop, Synth pop, Indie rock

Groove Salad is really captures what it is about:

A nicely chilled plate of ambient/downtempo beats and grooves.

also it is perfect as ‘music for programming’ :slight_smile:

Lush also:

Sensuous and mellow vocals, mostly female, with an electronic influence.

Some tracks…

Honeyroot - Starshine

Around 2015

I just listened to every 500 Greatest Songs of All Time – Rolling Stone highly recommend! (TPB)

Got into little bit of Indie Rock

Progressive trance(uplifting, vocal)

Another love, another era for me 2005…2012, at one point I had 500GB of this music, still have lots… screenshot from debunked private torrent tracker :smiley:

Also these classic Trance tracks

Listened to every ASOT TSOT weekly radioshow.

Drum and Bass Liquid Funk

At the same point in time, there was second affection. Here is good article about it (warn. google translate from Russian)

Here is http://cocaj.ru amazing mixes, highly recommend! This one! This one!

Also checkout Night Grooves, weekly Drum & Bass radio show with Intelligent Manners.

There always will be some Rave

Happy Hardcore

Rap…

Can not being nerd and CS graduate, not mention this…

Also this is just cool ‘Oscilloscope music’ piece

And now all this blends… on repeat.

Here is my lastfm https://www.last.fm/user/dimabeat

4 Likes

Hey guys (and gals),

I’m sorry if it’s shameless advertising and against the rules, I’m doing it for humanitarian reasons lol :

Bluetech, who I mentioned earlier in this topic and for those who don’t know is, in my opinion, one of the best electronic music producers in the world, could use a little help. His entire discography (15+ albums) is available on Bandcamp for 5 dollars and guys, let me tell you, for that price it’s the best deal you can think of.

You can get a taste of his latest EP here, it’s the final installment of his The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse EP series, it’s pure modular madness, intricately intertwined melodies, acid techno and IDM infused grooves…

Like I said 5 bucks ain’t much, and you’d be helping a great musician and human being, plus you get 15+ amazing albums !

Again, sorry if it’s against the rules, but I get no compensation from that, I’m just a messenger :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Although I don’t share any of your musical tastes, you get an A+ for effort :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve just bought these, and his Borderlands Album is amazing: an amazing blend of electronics and orchestra, with minimalist melodies and lovely ambience. Thanks for the discovery!

6 Likes

Oh man! Borderlands is amazing! Full of great compositions. I need to get seriously into this Bluetech guy. Shoutout to: @Omri_Cohen, @ablaut and @veryfungi - I think you guys would love this album as well!

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip! Just bought the whole thing and look forward to diving in. Quite a bargain; Borderlands alone is more than worth it.

Oh yes, this is very nice!

2 Likes

Yeah man, Borderlands is stunningly beautiful :slight_smile:

If you’re into tech-house, Emotional Ecology is my all time favorite album in that genre. A unique blend of modern techno bleep bloops with a deep emotional feeling in each song. Really beautiful.

Btw I love Colin Stetson, one of the most original sax players in the past 20-30 years in my opinion. Have you listened to his work with Mats Gustafsson?

1 Like

I certainly agree with you about Stetson’s innovation - there aren’t really any other sax players that come close to his skill and unique style in my opinion. I haven’t listened to his work with Mats Gustafsson, I shall have to.

EDIT: That was worth listening to - wow :open_mouth:

If you guys dig Stetson, you’ll probably get into some Bartsch, too:

1 Like