Inwards - Dart
Inwards - Dart
I saw the Plays Live Tour with Peter in the Edinburgh Playhouse, swinging on an asymmetric bar front of stage singing Shock the Monkey!
Recently I’ve been listening to music by Roger Reynolds, Bruno Maderna, and Joji Yuasa.
Been listening to Kimbra excessively for the past few weeks
I’ve been listening to quite a lot of contempary sax music recently:
^From this amazing album by Colin Stetson:
Also this mesmerizing solo piece, played live with no overdubs or anything:
Finally, this live set from a group called Moon Hooch:
Just discovered Akihiko Matsumoto, really like his beats! (paging @Eurikon)
Yeah good stuff
Oh wow, really digging this 1st set right now, sounds awesome.
I have such a long history with various music tastes.
For me, taste = my age + my current mood
Groove Salad is really captures what it is about:
A nicely chilled plate of ambient/downtempo beats and grooves.
also it is perfect as ‘music for programming’
Sensuous and mellow vocals, mostly female, with an electronic influence.
- The Verbrilli Sound - TE MIRO
- Lamb - Trans Fatty Acid (Kruder & Dorfmeister Session remix
- Bliss - Mivahetsek (feat Lisbeth Scott)
- Chris Zippel - Blade feat. Tusnelda
- Claes Rosen - Quizkey (Original Mix)
- Pretty Lights - My Only Hope
- Rae & Christian feat. Kate Rogers - Not Just Anybody
- Unknown Artist - shigeto - detroit pt. onet (part 1)
- Tycho - Past Is Prologue
- Journeyman - Latneiro (Woobs Sunrise Dub)
Honeyroot - Starshine
Got into little bit of Indie Rock…
Another love, another era for me 2005…2012, at one point I had 500GB of this music, still have lots… screenshot from debunked private torrent tracker
- Luminary - Amsterdam (Super 8 & Tab Remix)
- Super8 & Tab - Irufushi
- Above & Beyond - Alone Tonight
- Pulser Feat Josie - Undo The Silence (Original Mix)
- Above & Beyond - Can’t Sleep
- Jo Micali - Shine On (C-Systems Vocal Mix)
- Peter Illias - One of Us (Original Mix)
- Super8 & Tab - Won’t Sleep Tonight (Original Mix)
- Tritonal - What I Say (Dub Mix)
- Vargo - Warriors (Ansgar’s Theme)
Also these classic Trance tracks
- Holden and Thompson - Nothing (93 Returning Mix)
- Cristopher Lawrence - Rush Hour
- CJ Bolland - The Prophet (Original Mix)
- Bedrock - Beautiful Strange(Cafe Del Mar - Ambient Trance)
- Brainbug - Nightmare (Sinister Strings
Drum and Bass Liquid Funk
At the same point in time, there was second affection.
Here is good article about it (warn. google translate from Russian)
- CALYX/TEEBEE - Elevate This Sound
- A-Sides feat. Deeizm - Change
- Bladerunner - Stay (Original mix)
- Contour feat Miss Wendy - Around & Back Again
- Dave Owen - Still Waters
- Eastcolors , Noel & Traffic feat Messy MC - Dreams (Original Mix)
- Electrosoul System - In the Morning
- Future Prophecies - September
- High Contrast - The Basement Track
- Intelligent Manners, Command Strange - Catch The Beat
- Kenshiro - Stir (Telmo A Remix)
- LSB - All Of My Love - Original Mix
- Netsky - Your Way
- Noisia - Block Control
- Enei, Kasra, Drs - Overthinking feat. DRS (Original Mix)
There always will be some Rave
Can not being nerd and CS graduate, not mention this…
Also this is just cool ‘Oscilloscope music’ piece
And now all this blends… on repeat.
Here is my lastfm https://www.last.fm/user/dimabeat
Hey guys (and gals),
I’m sorry if it’s shameless advertising and against the rules, I’m doing it for humanitarian reasons lol :
Bluetech, who I mentioned earlier in this topic and for those who don’t know is, in my opinion, one of the best electronic music producers in the world, could use a little help. His entire discography (15+ albums) is available on Bandcamp for 5 dollars and guys, let me tell you, for that price it’s the best deal you can think of.
You can get a taste of his latest EP here, it’s the final installment of his The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse EP series, it’s pure modular madness, intricately intertwined melodies, acid techno and IDM infused grooves…
Like I said 5 bucks ain’t much, and you’d be helping a great musician and human being, plus you get 15+ amazing albums !
Again, sorry if it’s against the rules, but I get no compensation from that, I’m just a messenger
Although I don’t share any of your musical tastes, you get an A+ for effort
I’ve just bought these, and his Borderlands Album is amazing: an amazing blend of electronics and orchestra, with minimalist melodies and lovely ambience. Thanks for the discovery!
Oh man! Borderlands is amazing! Full of great compositions. I need to get seriously into this Bluetech guy. Shoutout to: @Omri_Cohen, @ablaut and @veryfungi - I think you guys would love this album as well!
Thanks for the tip! Just bought the whole thing and look forward to diving in. Quite a bargain; Borderlands alone is more than worth it.
Oh yes, this is very nice!
Yeah man, Borderlands is stunningly beautiful
If you’re into tech-house, Emotional Ecology is my all time favorite album in that genre. A unique blend of modern techno bleep bloops with a deep emotional feeling in each song. Really beautiful.
Btw I love Colin Stetson, one of the most original sax players in the past 20-30 years in my opinion. Have you listened to his work with Mats Gustafsson?
I certainly agree with you about Stetson’s innovation - there aren’t really any other sax players that come close to his skill and unique style in my opinion. I haven’t listened to his work with Mats Gustafsson, I shall have to.
EDIT: That was worth listening to - wow
If you guys dig Stetson, you’ll probably get into some Bartsch, too: