What are you listening to?

Cold Comfort by Trentemøller

5 Likes
5 Likes

Man! I searched for that for YEARS on the original vinyl. Finally came out in CD in like the 90’s? I think that CD was mastered from the LP, because I swear you can hear the record turn over in the middle of each piece!

Just FYI: I have an arrangement for In C for live performance made with Sequencer Plus Gold. Great fun !

2 Likes

wow!

1 Like

Barker and Baumecker today.

2 Likes

Excellent :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Dutch :

4 Likes

Great stuff :+1:

Eefje maakt mooie dingen.

1 Like

Steve Winwood - Night Train from Arc Of A Diver

3 Likes
3 Likes

Persian… is one of the most fascinating pieces I’ve ever encountered. It’s really mysterious, almost like it defies being musical in most traditional sense, yet is intensely musical, gripping, evocative and transports you to places if you’re open to it. Whenever I get a bit stiff or uptight about what music is, this album is the instacure. It’s almost like he says: “These were my rules, now go make your own”. As bounds-breaking as the most free of free-form jazz. Genius of the highest order, I like it intensely!

Oh man, that’s good!

My favorite recording of the Prelude !

Can’t stop listening to this!

2 Likes

…used also in Melancholia by one of my favorites film director :heart:

vcp-49 led me to a googling for sounds and fell down the field-recording rabbit hole. Thought this was an amazing track. Does anyone have good recommendations on field recording albums / compilations that I should learn more about? Also interested in techniques & tips n tricks –– would like to some own field-recs, with really lo-tech equpment (iphone, perhaps casette tape and such).

4 Likes

patience, focus and a subject. Not unlike photography.

https://www.creativefieldrecording.com/ Down on the right here is an interesting section “A month of field recordists”.

EDIT: the interview tag makes it more accessible Interview | Creative Field Recording

3 Likes