What are you listening to?

Music based on field recordings:

2 Likes
2 Likes

check out the other albums on the unfathomless label. the whole label is field recording based. good stuff!

also check out the artists chris watson and yann novak. they have stuff on bandcamp, but spread over different labels.

i especially like yann novak, whose stuff is more processed and very drone-like. i like putting that on on low volume when i go to sleep. i guess he’d be good for people with tinnitus too.

some of richard chartier’s work is based on field recordings too: a field for mixing, interior field, undefined (with yann novak), and built through (with robert curgenven).

1 Like

to be listened in order

2 Likes

Just showed this to my son, as it depicts what he looks like. Headphone & goggles

3 Likes

I’m no snob (?) but that lead guitar tone is awful! distortion straight to tape? Pretty fun, though. Handsome Dick!

:laughing:

1 Like
4 Likes

I got interested in field recording after hearing Biosphere’s Substrata many moons ago.:slight_smile:

5 Likes

A programmer from Russia Alexander Zolotov writes music using his software. I read about him for the second day and never stop being surprised. This is simply amazing! Be sure to visit his website.

SunVox is a small, fast and powerful modular synthesizer with pattern-based sequencer (tracker). It is a tool for those people who like to compose music wherever they are, whenever they wish. On any device. On any system. And it’s free for most of the systems, except the Android and iOS.

Virtual ANS is a software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer ANS - photoelectronic musical instrument created by Evgeny Murzin from 1938 to 1958. The ANS made it possible to draw music in the form of a spectrogram (sonogram), without live instruments and performers. It was used by Stanislav Kreichi, Alfred Schnittke, Edward Artemiev and other Soviet composers in their experimental works. You can also hear the sound of the ANS in Andrei Tarkovsky’s movies Solaris, The Mirror, Stalker.

PhonoPaper is:

• format of graphical representation of the sound (music, human voice, etc.);
  • real-time PhonoPaper-code reader (using the camera);
  • PhonoPaper-code generator (sound to image converter).

PixiVisor is a tool for experimenting with the transmission of video over audio.

It consists of two parts: Transmitter and Receiver. Transmitter converts the low-resolution video (stream from camera, static image or GIF animation) to sound in real time, pixel by pixel (progressive scan). So any image or animation can be transferred to the other devices through the sound. Receiver converts the sound (from microphone or Line-in input) back to video. You can set the color palette for this video, and record it to animated GIF file.

10 Likes

I use Sunvox too, and yeah it’s a lovely software ! And he does wonders with it, he’s truly amazing :blush:

1 Like

I was most impressed with energy efficiency of Sunvox. A full track loads my CPU by a maximum of 10 percent, while a medium-sized VSV patch loads the CPU by 40 percent.

1 Like

I use his webcam driven nature oscillator fed into Entrian Follower to have trees as modulation sources when it’s breezy out.

And to keep on topic, listening to PS Meander, currently a variation on Markov-Chain-Palestrina 1, damn that module’s good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

just discovered Afrorack from a cdm post, he rules so much

the real eurorack hardware is so expensive, whenever i see someone owns a well-furnished rack, i can’t help myself but think of the personal circumstances leading them to be able to even own this stuff. you know, not trying to be rude, but people throwing 5 figures on modules then making the most boring dad techno possible, can’t deny the archetype is a thing.

his rig is all DIY and makes great jams

6 Likes

Lol and watching his video I thought “damn, if money for food was not an issue I would buy a Beatstep Pro”

1 Like

Objekt today.

2 Likes

I found this guy in internet, my knowlege about ambien music is very limited becouse to me, ambient is a quite bored, but I started to try make ambient music by myself with the rack, damn, make it is very pleasant

3 Likes
http://somafm.com/deepspaceone.pls

Radio.

2 Likes

Hey that’s good!

5 Likes