What are you listening to?

“Old stuff”, my son wanted to know what we danced on back in the days of old, so I dug up some 12"s. Dusted of the Technics and had some fun,

3 Likes

Showing ur age there :yum:

1 Like

Come on, the Anne Peebles original of “I can’t stand the rain” is way better! (But I still have my 12" of I feel love).

1 Like

1 Like

RIP Neil Peart

4 Likes

I read that one of his preferred song that he wrote (Neil) was one of this album.

Losing it.

And of all the great Rush songs, it happens that this is my favorite too.

Yes there are so much great one, but have a listen to Losing it again, (or for the first time). It’s an amazing song.

Losing It - Rush

For you, the blind who once could see. The bell tolls for thee, bell tolls for you Neil.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Oh the incessant and precise pounding of the Neil. His drumming was just so great and varied. He’s the only drummer I think that regularly made me do spontaneous air-drumming out loud. Just so contageous. A genius that will be greatly missed!

1 Like

I can’t remember what or who it was, that recently drew my attention to this musician and in particular this album. I had never heard of “Michel Banabila” but this album I find to be stunningly good and I’ve listened to it quite a lot lately. Very emotive and creative with deep musical sensibilites. Very varied with something for everyone, just great stuff. It’s an artist that I’ll be delving further into for sure.

Michel Banabila - Things Popping Up from the Past

2 Likes

look a few posts up :wink: The man has quite an output since the mid eighties,

2 Likes

Looking at what else is on the lable that banabila publishes on I came across OTTO Over The Top Orchestra, fun playlist/album:

1 Like

Yeah, I remember Ben sharing a different work in a previous post, and I thought it was good but I didn’t persue it. But then someone pointed me to this album recently, and I was just blown away.

2 Likes
1 Like

oh, shit, my former friend bob quine did a great song on the zorn record, with Jody Harris. He told me that a) it was the only time he ever used the Roland Feedback pedal, and b) they did two takes using different tracks on the same piece of 24 track tape. When they were mixing they decided to use both takes, which were not at all in sync!

2 Likes
1 Like

Not only is this one of the longest-running free net labels, it also has a fantastic catalog of 80 releases. And I’m not just saying that because Maxime released an album of my music!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Bandcamp