What are you listening to?

From the same year and the same country…and having sort of the same subject matter to ignore…

A tribute to the mighty Hammond organ…

Jean-Pierre Mirouze - Sexopolis (1971)
from the OST for Le Marriage Collectif

1 Like

arranged by:

performed by:

Originally released 1969. All rights reserved by Columbia Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment

1 Like

take a closer look at the cover picture … IMO AI couldn’t do it better :sunglasses:

Classic Australian Christmas song from Paul Kelly

This has become my morning ritual - a blast of this wakes me up however I’m feeling. Quite possibly the best metal tune of the year.

2 Likes

Surgeons Girl × wipE’out

2 Likes

Electronically Yours with Martyn Ware

3 Likes

Just remembered this album exists and I’d not listened to it for ages

1 Like
1 Like

:santa: :christmas_tree:

Been listening to the debut album by Girls. Had never heard the band before it’s just they were mentioned in an article as one of a number of bands who said that Felt were an influence so I thought I’d give them a listen. Really like this album and there’s Felt, Suede, a bunch of psych and surf influences too. Shame they were short lived and equally another band falling foul of the bad side of excess.

1 Like

This name reminds of Girls Names band. When the post-punk revival was popular they released a very nice album actually (well, in my opinion)

2 Likes

Suzanne Ciani has been posting a ton of stuff on her YouTube channel recently. Currently listening to the Buchla Concerts 1975 (Full Album)

7 Likes

lol - I just went to this thread to post that after listening to it last night!

Peter Kirn has an article up about it:

Best wishes for 2024, everybody; may you listen to some fine tunes.

4 Likes

@Nik. Thanks for posting the article link. I saw someone, somewhere on the internet mention it and I went straight to her channel.

1 Like

Hello there, Happy New Year, you still dabbling in Rack land?

1 Like

RIP Del Palmer, bassist/engineer/associate of Kate Bush. Also the patient in the Experiment IV video

6 Likes

i recently discovered Sleep Token, and have been obsessing over them pretty hard the last couple weeks.

currently on repeat: “Euclid”, the closing track from their most recent album “Take Me Back to Eden”, which is the conclusion of a trilogy of albums. (the ending of Euclid is basically pulled straight from the first song on their debut album)