What are you listening to?

Oh it’s also the anniversary of ‘that’ gig at Montreux

https://www.reddit.com/r/Zappa/s/gkH8Rk3CCa

1 Like

Piano & electronics

Yeah! Zoot Allures will always be my favorite Zappa album. Followed by Sheik Yer Bouti.

Crazy story that is, and great song that came out of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Primal way to repair an error is to see it

McClintock, amazing as usual:

4 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Your man got sent on his way in style

3 Likes

Oh man, this is a beauty of a banger I have missed out on for most of my life. Kind of Eaglesy harmony and Fear the Reaper drums.

1 Like

I surrender. Bought Gløgg today. 'Tis the season, now.

1 Like

I have all the Spirit 1.0 albums. Spirit were really good. Not all the albums are super strong all the way through. I think I like the first one and 12 dreams the best. I still have my copy of 12 dreams that I got in the 70’s.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gga8E43clk

Ah,Laurent Garnier from the nineties.

Triggered me towards:

Laurent Garnier - Dune, The Alliance EP (1994)

|1||Desert Storm|12:02|
|2||Will I Dream?|14:22|
|3||Late After The Storm|6:32|
|4||Endless|10:55|

1 Like

All this result with hardware and midi…many years ago…

Simply inspire the respect

Been a fan of Alex Ball for years, for his great YT vids looking at retro synths mainly but just been listening to his four officially released albums (I did it on Tidal but they seem to be on most platforms) and they’re great.

This is from his latest one, the delightfully named Sproing

4 Likes

Gløgg (aka. Glühwein, Mulled Wine) is the best! Must be warm!! Gives you a very comfy buzz and silly smile quickly. No December is complete here in the Nordics without Gløgg, absolutely not. That and Christmas beer, lotzz… of Christmas beer :santa:t2::beer::guitar:

2 Likes

Bought 3 months of Paramount+ subscription in a deal and just found they have a whole 1979 Springsteen and E Street band gig at the “No Nukes” concert. This version of Promised Land really kicks off cobwebs, just audio on YT unfortunately