What are you listening to?

RIP Geordie from Killing Joke

4 Likes

I raise you this version:

Killing Joke - Love Like Blood (Deedrah Remix)

2 Likes

Ah, Full Bucket. That brings back fond memories.

Full Bucket has created so many great and free VST/CLAP Plugins. Among them many classic Korg (analog) gear emulations.

He also created many great tracks: Full Bucket Music

You may (also) listen to Full Bucket Music at

Full Bucket had even started a project to create a Modular synth environment (in VST/CLAP): Full Bucket - ModulAir.

Around the same time VCV Rack came to life and that project took off to where we are now.

Anyway…

The Full Bucket ONE is an emulation of the (obscure) classic eighties Italian Crumar Bit One/01/99 synth(s). Originally (co)designed by Mario Maggi who also designed the epic Elka Synthex. The Crumar Bits are great in many ways, but definitely have their flaws/limitations (…unique characteristics?).

Crumar Bit One, Bit 01, Bit 99 (soundonsound.com)

Crumar BIT ONE, BIT 99, BIT 01: Little gems of expressivity - GreatSynthesizers

By the way…about Mario Maggi and the mighty Elka Synthex: it might be revived…

SYNTHEX 2 | Evolution of a Legend

Mario Maggi | SYNTHEX 2

2 Likes

I have many of the FullBucket plugins and I absolutely love them.

The Kraftraum’s demo song was a special one for me because I found the BucketONE sounds very pale. But the tune is jaw dropping. I still don’t really understand how to make it sound this good. I feel like a kid again, thinking about what I’m hearing on the radio Top 10 Chart on a Sunday afternoon.

Sounds mostly like the magic of Reverb and Delay applied. Although, some of the sounds in this track are full mono/dry (is this what you mean by pale?).

Pretty cover from Boygenius

1 Like
1 Like

@ady34 introduced me to the wonderful ambient artist, and fellow Dane, Sofie Birch. Have been listening to this album in a loop over a month now, the perfect work music for me.

Sofie Birch - Behind Her Name Chestnuts Fall Forever

More good stuff: https://www.sofiebirch.dk/releases

Speaking about danes. One of my acquaintances introduced me to this cheesy band. They are kinda fun

1 Like

Here’s another Dane: Mike Sheridan.

Example tracks from his album I Syv Sind (2008)

I Syv Sind

Natteravn

Stjernekiggeri

1 Like

I love D.A.D, best rockband we ever had. Closest comparison is probably AC/DC, in music and attitude. They have been going for decades now. Fun fact: DAD stands for Disneyland After Dark, which was their original name, but Disney coorporation sued them :slight_smile:

Here’s a favorite couple of classics of mine:

1 Like

Hania Rani — ‘F Major’ (Official Video) [Gondwana Records]

Hania Rani live at Invalides, in Paris, France for Cercle

5 Likes

RIP Shane :frowning:

3 Likes

No video yet, unfortunately

[EDIT] Live video just dropped

Apart from their first album which I liked back then, I never cared about the Foo Fighters, but man, if this is not the greatest rock anthem this side of the turn of the millennium…

3 Likes

Was watching an Aussie sitcom “Colin From Accounts” - which is really good btw - and a character used the delightful phrase “she shit me to tears today”. Just googled it to find out the meaning (pissed me off) and stumbled across this video from a band called of all things The Tenants

30 Years ago today, Frank Zappa left us, but he left us with stuff like this;

5 Likes

Working hard to make F Major my most listened to song in 2024.

1 Like