What are you listening to?

Yeah, crazy cool!

I must be getting old. I kept ogling that Gretsch hollow body guitar.

1 Like

That reminds me of host Brent Bambury introducing a track late at night on the CBC Radio show, Brave New Waves, saying “And now for something really difficult …” I think it was some non-melodic Industrial piece, maybe very early Einstürzende Neubauten.

1 Like

She’s always had cool guitars. I tried to play my friend’s Gretch once or twice - it was really difficult. shrug…

1 Like

sometimes youtube recommends me some good stuff. in the beginning it sounds like 90% of good “slam”, but this stuff goes far away. energy

The first two tracks on ‘Hats’ always just blow me away

1 Like

I remember their first album came out on a label from a Scottish Turntable manufacturer!

1 Like

Another amazing video collaboration for Steven Wilson’s latest track

Visuals by Owl House Studios https://owlhousestudios.com/

3 Likes

Video is unavailable in my country :confused: Copyright reasons I guess…

And the album title “The Harmony Codex” seems appropriate to one of our journeys here.

2 Likes

What a voice

2 Likes

A bit more Cookie Monster than my usual input, but I enjoyed it. There’s some keyboards in the mix towards the end, but no keyboard player in sight :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I saw the keyboardist at 2:09.

1 Like
1 Like

Personnel

• Jeff Beck – electric guitars, acoustic guitar on “Greensleeves”; pedal steel guitar on “Shapes of Things”; bass guitar on “Ol’ Man River”; lead vocals on “Tallyman” and “Hi Ho Silver Lining”, co-lead vocals on “Let Me Love You”
  • Rod Stewart – lead vocals, backing vocals on “Hi Ho Silver Lining”, possible backing vocal on “Tallyman”[citation needed]
  • Ronnie Wood – bass guitar
  • Micky Waller – drums

Additional credited personnel

• John Paul Jones – bass guitar on “Hi Ho Silver Lining” and “Beck’s Bolero”; Hammond organ on “Ol’ Man River” and “You Shook Me”; arrangements on “Hi Ho Silver Lining”
  • Nicky Hopkins – piano on “Morning Dew”, “You Shook Me”, “Beck’s Bolero” and “Blues Deluxe”
  • Keith Moon (credited as “You Know Who”) – drums on “Beck’s Bolero”; timpani on “Ol’ Man River”

Additional uncredited personnel

4 Likes

I like JB from most years. Saw him about12 years ago with Pino on bass.

4 Likes

PJ Harvey performing four songs from her most recent album plus White Chalk

2 Likes

Harold Budd…reminded me to revisit one of the all time classic Ambient albums:

The Pearl (1984, remastered 2005) A cooperation between Harold Budd, Brian Eno an Daniel Lanois.

Playlist for The Pearl (Remastered 2005):

Some example tracks from that abum:

Against The Sky

Foreshadow

4 Likes