What are you listening to?

Vivien Goldman was around the movers and shakers of the seventies London punk and early 80s new wave scene which is presumably how John Lydon and Keith Levene ended up on this as producers, Keith on guitars and bass (as one of three credited bass players on the track!) and bizarrely very non-punk Robert Wyatt providing percussion.

And now for something completely different.

Summary

(it’s from a game in which you may or may not stumble upon those pieces of music and this one stopped me dead.)

1 Like

I’ve obviously entered the obligatory checking out Harry Nilsson stage of my life. This is interesting as one of the first ever mash ups

and he created a remix of the album its off four years later in 1971, creating some of the first ever remixes.

Interesting guy, he’s reported to have ruined his voice and busted a vocal cord after accompanying John Lennon on his Lost Weekend and winning a “who can scream loudest and longest” competition with him.

Also digging this heavily remixed version of Dexys Too-Rye-Ay

1 Like

Wasn’t keen on “Angry”, but I like most of the other tracks on Hackney Diamonds

So good, so catchy

New song! Just recently released

Indeed :heart_eyes:

1 Like

UTTERLY FAKE, ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE.

I don’t get it. What is fake, what is horrible? Her appearance? Does it matter to you? It’s not about the looks, it’s about her voice and a song, which is not fake at all

Amazing

6 Likes

Isn’t it? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was all AI-generated.

It isn’t AI generated at all… It’s mo-cap, motion capture. So the singer is real, her 3d model is virtual, but it tracks the singer’s movements. It’s pretty fascinating. But anyway, I shared it here because I like this song, so it’s not about the visual aspect of it…

OK, thanks.

1 Like

Incredible stuff from a great band.

1 Like
5 Likes

I was just listening to this. Similar vibes

3 Likes