What are you listening to?

Inspired me to pull this one out again after quite some time :smile::

Pat Metheny Group Minuano (Six Eight) Live

2 Likes

My favourite Cure era, before pop songs and when the arrangements were minimal and cold

5 Likes

Nothing particularly interesting, Godflesh doing Godflesh stuff. But for a minute I was convinced that the name of this track is “Nerd”

1 Like

This one took me by surprise

4 Likes
1 Like

I have the Morricone record. It’s awesome!

Ahhh Zorn, brings back fond memories of seeing Bar Kokhba, Electric Masada & Cobra some 20 years ago in Victoriaville. That bassline in “Tekufah” (at 1:12) still gives me goosebumps!

I met him once in a record store in like the early 90’s? He was with Arto Lindsay and Robert Quine buying records. My first thought was “between these three guys they probably own 100,000 records!”

2 Likes

I have that one left and Cobra, Spillane, Locus and the first Naked city. Sold a dozen or so of his records as in the end it all didn’t ad much. Same for many other artists and reduced the collection by ~75%.

I’ve gone from 4000 LPs to about 600. Did you know Quine use the Roland feedbacker pedal on that? Only time he ever used it.

That’s about my target, still a good 1000 to go. CD’s even more to go, but that’s mostly classical. Ditch Bach and 120 cd’s gone :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only Quine album I have and know:

Not even records where he is a side-man, like Richard Hell and the Voidoids or Lou Reed or Lloyd Cole (Squinky Labs founder), or Mathew Sweet or Marianne Faithful?

I ran into Jody Harris on the internet (I’ve never met him). It told him I liked the version of “Hamonica Man” he did with Quine. He said he never did that. Turns out the Zorn record lists it as “Once Upon A Time In The West”, but its correct title is “Man With A Harmonica”.

When they recorded the Zorn thing they did two takes. To save money the just rewound and use more track on the same multitrack time. When it came time to mix they used both takes, mixed together and totally out of sync!

1 Like

I’d have to dig through he piles, but yes, one popped out:

1 Like
3 Likes

Haha, yes.

2 Likes