What are you listening to?

4 Likes

Yeah, he had the best voice ever, closely followed by Frank. RIP dear Sotto voce.

1 Like

just nice

2 Likes
2 Likes

Been playing the new Blur album. Decent tunes, nothing too unexpected but some fine songs in there.

2 Likes

jazzfusion with a modified trumpet to play the quarter note intervals common in middle-eastern music:

3 Likes

Another gone

5 Likes

Sad :frowning: I began reading her autobiography a couple of days ago.

3 Likes

Sinead O’Connor with Afro Celt Sound System

Wikipedia: " Just as the second album was getting off the ground, one of the group’s core musicians, 27-year-old keyboardist Jo Bruce, (son of Cream bass player Jack Bruce), died suddenly of an asthma attack.[14] The band was devastated, and the album was put on hold. Sinéad O’Connor then collaborated with the band and helped them cope with their loss. “[O’Connor] blew into the studio on a windy November night and blew away again leaving us something incredibly emotional and powerful,” McNally told Katz. “We had this track we didn’t know what to do with. Sinéad scribbled a few lyrics and bang! She left us completely choked up.”"

With Peter Gabriel

6 Likes

such a tortured soul, but such a beautiful voice!

one of my absolute favorite songs of all time:

and this seems apt:

3 Likes

“Never Get Old” and onwards from her first album are amazing. RIP Sinéad, hope you find peace.

2 Likes

nice chiptune style

Another one bites the dust. Rest in peace Sinéad !

2 Likes

Another one.

3 Likes

New Jan Jelinek “SEASCAPE - polyptych”

at the risk of being like that guy, posting here again :wink: I enjoyed this album a lot today.

Speakers Corner Quartet - Further Out Than The Edge

1 Like

The Imagined Village, a project started by the late Simon Emmerson of the Afro Celt Sound System