What are you listening to?

and some very strange movies :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Absolutely beautiful ! Thank you for that, inspiring.

Also, it made me want to go back to this particular recording :

The Kyrie is breathtaking IMO.

2 Likes

the original recording:

and almost 40 years later:

4 Likes

saw her do that song once. She did like one night at this thing:

Bitch! Dyke! Faghag! Whore! - Wikipedia!

haha, I had both those records. Still have the modern dance - that’s an amazing album.

Latest from Caterina Barbieri. It’s magnificent…

4 Likes

Well, the opening of Memory Leak blew the cobwebs away!

1 Like
2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

I really love those girls. They’re great!

1 Like

Yep they might look like a novelty act but their love of the music comes through. They are the real deal, and they kick ass :metal:

2 Likes

Try Monteverdi’s Libri Madrigali I-VIII, especially book V, the high point in vocal music (for smaller ensemble).

I am listening to it right now, it is indeed beautiful, but it also sound waaaay closer to today’s music in terms of counterpoint / early harmony and the way the voices work together, I can almost hear Bach’s ancestor at times (which I also like very much, not a critic in any way, just to be precise about the difference I feel between those music that are so far of what we hear today).

Josquin Des Prés and Machaut are a lot less far appart and I do hear something really strong and powerful in their way of writing for multiple voices.

By the way the interpretation you pointed to by Graindelavoix is stunning… And seeing them is beautiful too, so much emotion, so much energy and control to “be” the music !

It is so cool to see those things discussed here on VCV’s forum.

I always felt that modular is a perfect playground to revisit ancient ways of writing for multiple monophonic instruments.

:slight_smile: Yes, in a way, not much has changed since then. Bach was some what of the culmination point of all before him. Not the great inventor, innovator, but the perfectionist who put all the pieces together.

There’s a lot to discover in the pre 1300, early polyphony, starting with Hildegard von Bingen (1098 - 1179).

1 Like

Their “bootleg” channel is fun to watch.

RIP

3 Likes