What are you listening to?

Prog rock Lord Of The Rings

Tony Stratton-Smith was manager of Genesis, Van Der Graaf Generator (Hammill) and the Nice (Emerson). He founded Charisma Records. In 1972 Charisma released the prog rock album “Music Inspired By Lord Of The Rings”, by the Swedish musician Bo Hansson. The music had been a hit in Sweden under the name “Sagan Om Ringen”.

2 Likes

2 Likes

lo-fi bug music

1 Like

DakhaBrakha

I like the bit with the two accordions starting around 3:09.

They’re supposed to be touring near us next Fall, and I think we’ll be going to see them.

7 Likes

Another one of Sona, this time in the tiny village Hertme (~500 inhabitants) that is a few km’s from where I live. Each year they have the Africa Festival in the open air theater.

4 Likes

Massive Attack - Black Milk

8 Likes

Got to love using your amp heads as makeshift wine bars

Danny Thompson’s double bass has the exact same tone from when he played on Nick Drake and John Martyn stuff around the same time.

1 Like

I love the first Pentangle album. and some of the others, too.

haha - had to look it up. I know “will o’ winsbury” as “farewell, farewell”. I guess Pentangle wrote it and Thompson stole the melody.

always liked their version of “Lord Franklin”. Of course they didn’t write that one.

2 Likes
1 Like

Just a trad tune as far as I know.

1 Like

2 Likes

The first time I tried “play what you hear” it was the intro from the album-version of Storm and Thunder. Also I would very much like to play Song of the Marching Children (track 5, I mean) with a bunch of friends.

1 Like

Yes, both “Lord Franklin” and “Willy O Winsbury” are trad songs.

Did you know ‘syntablism’ was a thing? Kind of obvious when you think about it I guess, but these are (Johno suggests!) possibly the only 3 performing artists making a show of it.

1 Like

Prefer a bit of Turnth myself

2 Likes