What are you listening to?

Digital performer user

Liked Supergrass a lot, but had never checked out the Gaz Coombes solo albums before. There’s some good in there, I particularly like this one reminds me of when Mercury Rev and LCD Soundsystem go intense and ballady.

Silberland - Vol. 1: The Psychedelic Side of Kosmische Musik (1972-1986)

Allmusic: “offering a fantastic primer for anyone interested in going a little bit deeper down the Krautrock and early synthesizer music rabbit hole”

2 Likes
3 Likes

Gunshots, dropped aluminum baseball bat, various smashed bottles, a body falling, an empty soda can falling, a distant train whistle, Field Crickets & Tree Crickets, a pneumatic impact driver, a “ding” from a Milton Driveway Signal (from way back when gas stations had guys to run out and pump gas), phones ringing (electronic warble and mechanical bells), a coyote howl.

Yup. I’m doing sound design (and operating) for a community theatre production.

Thank you, freesound.org and sound-effects.bbcrewind.co.uk .

1 Like

Phasors on Stun by FM

Featuring Nash the Slash on electric mandolin.

Pity I can’t find a decent live video of Phasors on Stun.

RIP Cynthia Weill

Was listening to the band Goblin’s wonderful soundtrack to Suspiria and must have been some special edition on Tidal as it had an interview with Dario Argento, the film director and he said he knew he had to work with Goblin again after Profondo Rosso which led me to…

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve not seen Deep Red, most horror films leave me cold tbh and I just skimmed some reviews saying the soundtrack’s good but doesn’t fit the movie so I’ll leave it to others to big up giallo movies, I just really like the soundtracks.

Same here. The movies aren’t my cup of tea but they made good music in their niche. I bought some of their recent Record Store Day re-issues for my son since he’s a big prog fan too.

1 Like

easy listening

Odd linkup this - Gorilla Guerrilla seem to be Andy Bell on everything except drums, Zak Starkey on Ringo skins with Shaun Ryder on vocals and Bez on some kind of chemicals I’d imagine. I’m guessing they have more than this one tune as they’re booked into a slot on one of the smaller Glastonbury stages. I like this track ok, but an actual song would be good next time maybe.

1 Like

3 Likes