What are you listening to?

This clip+music is clearly a conjecture

nice

Buckle up for a deep space journey…

4 Likes

mesmerizing

3 Likes
1 Like

Careful with that axe? That’s about the only part of the movie I remember!

I remember this video owing a big debt to the ‘everything explodes’ ending of Zabriskie Point

and of course the opening credits of the Good Fight TV series also borrows heavily from it

3 Likes

Ahhhh, what a classic artist. Love this stuff

@DaveVenom : heard tDidier Malherbe on duduk and assorted other flutes/instruments before?

5 Likes

I’m a fan

2 Likes

Oh wow! No I had not. That is some gorgeous material. Thanks for the shoutout.

I haven’t picked up my cheap duduk in ages. I should rectify that soon. Don’t know if I’ll ever achieve that haunting expressiveness that the duduk is known for. I often wonder how much of my limitation is due to skill level (definitely low), and how much is due to the quality (or lack thereof) of the reed.

And now after watching his fingers, I realize I really need to learn how to use a piper’s grip. I used to think it was just to improve dexterity, but now I think it also helps control micro tuning when partially lifting the finger. I know the embouchure plays a huge roll (I’ve got some control there), but he is doing a lot with his fingers as well (I definitely struggle with this).

1 Like

Yeah, I was also amazed what tonality he got out of that duduk and immediately thought of your flute playing. Happy it inspired!

1 Like

Pink Floyd soundtrack :sunglasses:

The part being played is not “Careful with that axe Eugene”, but is clearly a variant of it made in the same time period.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a re-recording called “Come in Number 51, Your Time Is Up”

2 Likes

Martin Peters on YouTube is a wonderfully talented Dutch electronic musician, especially for that great Berlin school stuff. I’ve listened to him for years and I just love it.

Check out all his stuff, it’s worth it:

If you need an endorsement:

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Playing through the Cluster and Eno collabs

3 Likes

Love this album! Especially #6 and #9, very special, very unique.