What are you listening to?

oh, I didn’t notice it was this song! from the Bjork movie. I bought the python lee jackson album - first thing I ever bought from ebay!

haha, that’s a great hobby :slight_smile:

2 Likes

they where so good at that time and from my hometown :wink:

some 40 years later live, still sounding fresh to my ears:

and the next project from Klaus Dinger, La Düsseldorf:

beside these Klaus Dinger and Michael Rother were founding members of Kraftwerk and Dinger played drums on the first record of kraftwerk before he and Rother left them and founded NEU!

3 Likes

A band I’d kind of forgotten, but think fondly of. Thanks for the reminder!

1 Like

I know it might be blasphemous, but I think that was the best Kraftwerk album… I never heard abou La Dusseldorf though! I knew about Harmonia project. I think Rother was playing Taishogoto there. Or maybe it wasn’t him who played it… I don’t quite remember now. Thanks for the songs! I’ll check it!

I got one LP by La Dusseldorf. Back then I was trying to find Neu albums, which was pretty much impossible (early 90’s). If course now it’s all on CD, which is pretty cool.

Went to see Orphy Robinson last night - same T-Shirt :grin:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Apparently David Crosby was a huge arsehole especially to his friends, but he had a big hand in some beautiful music so may he RIP

1 Like

Ren - The Tale of Jenny and Screetch (plus Violets tale). This is a trilogy of songs that are all connected. Absolutely incredible but fair warning - it’s like watching a brilliantly made and acted but deeply tragic film.

1 Like

and now for something different :wink:

5 Likes

When I wrote the opening keyboard part to Fahrenheit Fair Enough, it happened instantly. I was laughing at how corny it was, and Charlie ran in and said “YO that’s how we’re gonna open the song, and the LP. Nice one Playboy.” I was aghast and took a lot of convincing.

Huh.

4 Likes

This is really nice. Currently I’m very much into this kind of stuff.

1 Like

Insect Intelligence - Lepidoptera (2014)…

Still love this sort of music. Very much reminds me of the innovative mid-nineties (in a century past…some 20 years ago).

Especially reminds me of the Crammed Discs (http://www.crammed.be) Freezone compilation series (spanning 1994-2000 or so)

Freezone 1 - The Phenomenology Of Ambient (SSR129) Freezone 2 - Variations On A Chill (SSR147) Freezone 3 - Horizontal Dancing (SSR167) Freezone 4 - Dangerous Lullabies (SSR187) Freezone 5 - The Radio Is Teaching My Goldfish Jiu Jitsu (SSR207) Freezone 6 - Fourth Person Singular (SSR227) Freezone 7 - Seven Is Seven Is (SSR237)

1 Like

Roedelius resonating throughout the house this morning :sunny:

Truly enjoying his collaborative work with Tim Story lately.

6 Likes

He did some stuff with Lloyd, who is the founder of Squinky Labs.

4 Likes