What are you listening to?

beautiful ambient

4 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t know how anyone can play that thing. Very impressed…

1 Like

The green pads represent the notes C, the blue one represent the white keys on a piano. The whole instrument ist tuned pretty much like a guitar. And it’s great fun to play, so sensitive. My skills are far behind this guy.

2 Likes
2 Likes

haha - I like that album! Might be the first (of many) Fall albums I got.

1 Like

Think I’ve told the story before how I got conned into doing the stage lights for The Fall at a university gig, basically lighting guy said “play with these buttons while I go for a piss” and he never returned. The Mark E Smith stories are legendary, how he’d sack entire bands on a whim or a band on tour would quit due to his nonsense so he’d get half a band together of teenage rockabilly types, to the point most of the musicians in the Manchester area seem to have had a short stint in The Fall, but in amongst the crazy there were a fair few moments of poetic magic.

I think I just about have the extended Perverted By Language as my favourite album

but really the Peel Sessions boxed set is my absolute favourite Fall product as all human life is there, a true thing of ramshackle beauty

2 Likes

Hahahaha, classic!

I think my favorite album is actually the first one, “Live at the Witch Trials”. I don’t know why I always return to it. It just feels different, maybe

1 Like

Been there. Ozrics. Was nice :slight_smile:

This is one of the most original and refreshing things I’ve heard in years. What a talent.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Man, killer drums on that Pat-Trip Dispenser track. Great recording, ramshackle beauty is a good description!

1 Like

Yeah, though for my favourite Fall track for drums I usually cite the endless fills of Before The Moon Falls

2 Likes
1 Like

Nice, thanks for sharing that, I’ve been saving getting into The Fall for a future date, and that day seems like it has finally come for me!

I also had a good time playing some psychedelic synth alongside with Cherry Audio’s GX-80 on the ‘Vangelis Sweet Pad’ preset, and a Linnstrument with a mismatched pitch bend setting, so I was just playing a kind of discordant minor theremin sound by ear, and it fit in fantastically somehow.

It feels like, as post-punk and stiff-armed against admirers as it is, it’s an oddly inviting kind of music.

There’s a dude on YouTube who does solo piano versions of Fall tunes :slight_smile:

Edit: here…

3 Likes

Early 70’s psych meets Krautrock freakout music? Yes, it’s fair dinkum

FWIW the album is Känguru by the band Guru Guru, I got tripped up trying to find info as there’s also an 80’s band named after the album.

2 Likes

This could be done largely in VCV these days…

1 Like

Seems we lost Yukihiro of Yellow Magic Orchestra last week, RIP

2 Likes