What are you listening to?

Oh, I got to see them on the occasion of their ‘In the Flesh’ tour in Zurich 1977. That was simply brilliant. To experience the two albums ‘Animals’ and ‘Wish You Were Here’ (my absolute favorite) live was great. Whoops, that was a long time ago.

3 Likes

“Wish You Were Here” is my favorite also, followed closely by “Meddle”.

I did not get to see Pink Floyd live until ~1994, which was about 25 years after I was first introduced to their music.

2 Likes

I was listening to this bootleg from that tour recently, pretty good quality

4 Likes

almost at the same time a totally different vibe, but one of my favorites:

4 Likes

I watched a documentary on Joan Jett over the weekend. It was a fun retrospective with a punk rock perspective.

1 Like

I’d love to have heard Ramones cover Echoes. In about 4 minutes.

3 Likes

Saw them in 77 in SF. Great show.

only saw them once, but it was at this one day festival where it pissed down all day and they really helped everyone forget the weather for an hour

2 Likes

I saw them 1988 in Basel (Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour) again. It was not the same experience, but fantastic, too.

Btw, ‘Meddle’, ‘Obscured by Clouds’ and ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ I’m listening often :sunglasses:

2 Likes

There is a bunch of “stuff” they’ve put out. I got this “The early years, 1969: Dramatis/ation”. It’s good.

2 Likes

Oh yes, indeed :sunglasses:

He’s built a few others since this, but I had never seen this particular one. Quite a mesmemrizing sound, tuned spring reverb I guess…

9 Likes

Hans Zimmer should team up with this guy for the next Dune soundtrack…

2 Likes
3 Likes

That sounds much better than when I strung piano wire across the garage and played it with my violin bow as a teenager.

2 Likes

And much less messy than when I played my electric guitar with a violin rosin block as a young adult.

1 Like

Holy macaroni this made my day - to have this sound from an instrument he built himself. Such beautiful music.

1 Like

Forgot how beautiful this is :

2 Likes

What a strange coincidence. I just finished watching “The Northman” in which Bjork plays a seeress.

But alas, the video is blocked in my country.

Well, I went off and listened elsewhere and of all things, Bjork begins the song by singing of coincidences.

It is a beautiful song.

2 Likes