What are you listening to?

Picking up the idea of an Autechre binge through their whole discography aand…

I think I’ve found a satisfying answer (to me) as to what constitutes an “Oldie” nowadays! Had always disliked Lowride with that weird and weirdly transparent Miles Davis sample. But no. Made me smile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, it was a joke I stole from the internet. And,yes, Sunbather is a good album.

1 Like

sigh of relief :slight_smile: I’m a bit annoyed tbh how this album art, a poetically depicted sunbather’s POV after all, has seemingly turned into some kind of meme. And +1, I’d probably rank it in my Top10 of most seminal albums of the past 10 years.

I have a feeling you would like the band Mew. Especially their first album is very good…

And perhaps Kashmir as well…

Yes, I know, Danish bands, I have to represent a bit 'ya know :slight_smile:

1 Like

:denmark: THE END "Contents Irreplaceable" - YouTube

1 Like

Mew -a cross between the Wannadies and The Cardigans-both excellent bands!!!

1 Like
1 Like

Here is a good Deafheaven meme:

DEAF

For those not familiar, the captions are from the lyrics to the song “Dream House”.

1 Like

Today I have mostly been listening to tracks that have a non monotonous groove

and trying to work out how you go about coming up with something so simple that stays that good

5 Likes

Mew is nice indeed. Good contenders for a playlist I want to build which I’ll name “Headbanging, but horizontally” :smiley:

I saw the gang of four open for the buzzcocks in san francisco, maybe 1979? It was a super hot day and all the sweat made water drip down the walls. Amazing show. I think the flamin groovies opened?

Have you seen that VU movie? It’s actually pretty good.

Yes, it’s on Apple TV I think, I did enjoy it. There’s also an interesting podcast released to coincide with the huge Lou Reed/VU boxed set that dropped recently that’s worth a listen -

my friend quine recorded the vu, and it was eventually released:

Nice. The recently recorded boxed set is well worth a listen, it’s fascinating hearing just Reed and Cale playing around with some new stuff which at the time they were busking and it included things like an early version of Pale Blue Eyes that didn’t get properly recorded for several years after that.

1 Like

The Buzzcocks made a career out of that. Speaking as someone who wore out 2 copies of Spiral Scratch :sunglasses:

Special bonus - Live in Boston 1980;

2 Likes

Now disappearing down the log flume rabbit hole of “There I Ruined It”

1 Like
1 Like

Nice bit of ambient post-rock

presumably named in tribute to the guitarist on such greatness as this

3 Likes

he’s recorded a couple of solo albums, I think. I have this one:

Wow.

5 Likes