What are you listening to?

I’m working (cutting fabrics) and listening to Max Cooper - Yearning for the Infinite (FULL ALBUM). It’s incredibly good!

2 Likes

Today I have listened to all the albums of “Imagine Dragons” again. At the same time I tried out the new X5 Bluetooth Water Dancing speakers. For some reason I wanted to buy unusual speakers. I have ordinary black ones, and I bought these in another room so as not to carry large speakers around the house.

6 Likes
1 Like

Ah, Leslie speaker cabinets, fills me with nostalgia for high school dances. Watching the speeding up and slowing down of the rotating horn and speaker drum became a part of the overall visual presentation, just as much as the light show.

The Surge Leslie module for VCV is very good, if you haven’t tried it :wink:

1 Like

I just watched Bo Burnham’s Special “Inside” on Netflix after listening to Jeremy’s Cover of one of the songs of it. It is a masterpiece.

I hear this is great from so many people, that I might need to actually watch it.

2 Likes
1 Like

This unassuming instrumental, tucked away on the B-side of the Human League’s ‘Lebanon’ single, was the first thing I ever heard that opened my eyes to the possibilities of building a piece of music a track or layer at a time. I have always assumed the title is because it has 13 tracks going by the end, but I can’t say for sure.

1 Like

well, that settles it :wink:

3 Likes

and some Rage against the Machine, redone after a many years, Vocals blistering

2 Likes

Oh my, the tube is throwing up some nice stuff today:

3 Likes

Going retro, just transferred a tape to minidisc. Split Enz, live in 1979, playing previous tracks and some from their upcoming album, True Colours.

Here’s Poor Boy:

1 Like

is one of them in fleetwood mac now?

Neil Finn was with Fleetwood Mac after Lindsay Buckingham’s departure. But he’s back with Crowded House; they released a new album “Dreamers Are Waiting” on 4 June 2021. Neil’s sons are now in the group too.

Tangential, but I loved it when Neil Finn popped up on the initial Flight of the Conchords radio series, he’s a funny dude

1 Like

Was watching one of @VCVRackIdeas videos and this performance showed up in YT afterwards. A very infectious performance. I thought it might inspire @Omri_Cohen, @maurice_gallagher and other live performers. Hadn’t seen the Deluge controller before.

2 Likes