What are you listening to?

5 Likes
3 Likes

Definitely interested to see where this ends up! The drumming is almost like physical granular synthesis limited to one grain and with emphasis on the pitch envelope. And the tools you’ve assembled are the right ones for that task…

Woah–this is fantastic

whoa - classic of classics!

1 Like

here’s a short video on this topic

1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes
1 Like

50 years ago something strange crawled from the countryside

1 Like

I’d be interested in any tips on synthesizing a good cello-like sound in VCV; I usually resort to samples for that. This new album by cellist/singer/(pianist?) Dom Le Nena has a variety of nice timbres going on:

1 Like

I’m listening to my wife’s first ambient EP. I think she did a really good job, splendid sounds everywhere and vocals too

6 Likes

Not just nepotism, really nice. :slight_smile:

Been listening to some Ian Dury and The Blockheads. This tribute to Gene Vincent, who his band supported a few times IIRC, is lovely and heartfelt.

4 Likes

A Hero.

A truly great album, one of my top 30 ever :hugs:

Oh, good stuff!

I was reminded of this OST today, from Solar Fields. Probably have to dig out the DVD later.

2 Likes

Anyone else like Big Band?

9 Likes

Oh hell, yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Who’s your favorite? Mine is Glenn Miller, but there’s so much good stuff out there. Artie Shaw, Tommy Dorsey, Jimmy Dorsey, Benny Goodman, Harry James, the list goes on. :grin:

1 Like

I don’t like big band as much on record as I do being in a room with a big band blowing hot, the Glenn Miller Orchestra UK were great. Same goes with classical symphonies for me.

1 Like