Vult Announcements Thread

Hello Kirk, did you find away to view all of the Opulus presets? I can only see down to ‘Elecvibe’ on my laptop. I am sure there are more than we can see by selecting the Presets option.

I use a mouse with a scroll wheel does your laptop have something similar ?

No, unfortunately it just as the touch plate, would the up/down buttons work the same way? I’ll give that a go.

I use the laptop’s touchpad. After opening the presets, you should be able of scrolling (two finger or side scrolling) on top of the presets list.

Thanks just needed to change settings to ‘side scrolling’, much appreciated!

2 Likes

Anima and Feigen have been back-ported to hardware and are available for pre-order!

13 Likes

Hot DAMN those look nice… That sleek matte finish…

Ooooh Anima in hardware… :heart::heart::heart:

Just for completeness, I have ported Fuser to VCV Rack.

Fuser is a mixer that is very handy in a hardware rack. It is compact and it can be used as a dual 3-channel or single 6-channel mixer.

17 Likes

great :+1:

Re Fuser: Do either the software or hardware aim for non-linear behavior? It looks like the amplifiers are coming from TL072/TL074 which, to my extremely limited knowledge, appear in overdrive circuits but not for their non-linearities, and I also see a pair of 1N4148’s in there, which can be employed for clipping audio but here it looks like they’re connected to the power supply. (My electronics knowledge is… well, not exactly nothing…)

Diodes are probably for protection, and normally off.

In the case of Fuser, the TL072 and TL074 are used in the linear region. However, they saturate around the ±10 V (maybe a bit lower). The diodes, as @Squinky mentions, are just for reverse polarity protection.

cool, thanks. I’ve been hoping you might come up with a CP-3 style saturating mixer for VCV <3

when a circuit like this “saturates” it’s usually a pretty hard clip. I don’t think that’s what a CP-3 does.

I think Lindenberg has one on the kitchen … not released yet. The substation collection (moog subharmonicon inspired) has a mixer with a lovely saturation, I don’t know if it’s CP3-circuit. I don’t think there is any CP3 mixer in the library to this day

In this case, for the hardware, I wanted to have a (mostly) linear mixer because I wanted to use it for CV control. Modeling the CP-3 mixer should be easy. I’ll check it out when I have some free time.

5 Likes

This is a controller that I designed. You can read more about it here https://www.vult-dsp.com/post/wicked-keys

If anyone is interested in having one, I’m preparing a new revision which should be easier to build and I’ll be selling a few units.

19 Likes

It looks wicked (pun intended.)

1 Like

How much will they cost?