Vult Announcements Thread

Oh yeah forgot, do that as well, then you won’t get the update notification for the free modules.

I personally keep them because if you load patches others have made with vult free they open properly

1 Like

opulus is beyond. well done. Absolutly love all the presets you’ve made. Rack could use a preset manager for modules. Like a pinned window or something to cycle through / select random presets. etc.

9 Likes

Hey man, would it be possible to add a non-snapped mode to the settings? I’d love to use opulus with pitch envelopes for drum sounds, but it doesn’t really work with the snapped ratios.

It wouldn’t be authentic OPL with non-snapped ratios.

4 Likes

Yes? :grinning:

If that’s what you want to do, there are plenty of FM operators, like the Squinky Kitchen Sink. Opulus is an emulation of an Yamaha OPL2 synth chip, and with a few exceptions, its limitations are that chip’s limitations.

1 Like

You can sum the envelope and the pitch before sending it to Opulus. For example, you can send you main pitch to one input of Knobs and the envelope to other input.

1 Like

All the presets are translated from a library of sounds that was originally used in the OPL2 chip. I did not designed them.

3 Likes

Just an alternate settings mode :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for all your work! One glitch - when I try to load a preset with Trummor 2 free (not the paid version), Rack immediately crashes, even if it is the only module in the patch.

(BTW, the new Opulus modules are sweeeeet!)

Best regards!

Mac ? because on W10 I have no problems.

No, it was on win10 here too. It only happened with the factory presets (kick, hi-hat, snare, tom) - I didn’t test with any user created ones. I’ll try reinstalling Vult free and see if it persists.

edit - after reinstalling Vult free modules, I got an error box when trying a factory presest in Trummor 2(free) - “Model VultModules Trummor2 does not match Module’s model VultModulesFree Trummor2.” After dismissing the message, i tried the next preset and Rack closed.

2nd edit - user made presets load fine, just the factory ones crash my particular installation - weird.

Looks like @modlfo might have accidentally used a preset from the paid version for the free version.

Yes I see it now I only tested my own presets but the 4 you mention have the wrong header

"plugin": "VultModules",
  "model": "Trummor2",
  "version": "2.0.3", 

Mine have :

"plugin": "VultModulesFree",
  "version": "1.12",
  "model": "Trummor2",

So indeed the free is missing from the header.

But in my case they just load without any errors :man_shrugging:

I have removed the presets in the latest build. However they may still be in place after updating. Next version I’m going to generate them with the correct slug.

1 Like

I like the reverb in the Opulus. Is it easy to make a separate reverb module ? … Just an idea

1 Like

Hi Just curious. Apart from vult “Mysteries”, there are no more paid modules. That’s what it looks like in the library. However a number of modules are still duplicates. But not labelled as free or part of a paid collection. This seems a bit strange. Is this intended ?

PS : Just see it’s the same for all paid modules I get. Not especially Vult. Noob reaction ! Sorry for the disturbance

I loaded up Vraids the other day and am experiencing a variety of high frequency noise/clicks/other artifacts, as well as very aberrant output relative to Braids with a bunch of the modes (namely Morph, Sqr-Saw, Sin-Tri, Buzz, Sqr-Sub, Saw Sub, Sqr-Sync, Saw-Sync, 3x-Saw, 3x-Sqr, 3x-Tri, and 3x-Sin). This is occurring in both channels, and is independent of Mixed/Dual mode. I’m experiencing this on both my Windows desktop and Linux laptop, both running Rack 2.0.6 and Vult Compacts 2.0.5. The artifacts follow pitch, but are not strongly affected by sample rate (apart from a slight change in character). I wonder if this could be some sort of antialiasing bug?–just a thought. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

This issue will be fixed in version 2.0.7. Thank you for the report.

1 Like

Version 2.0.6 fixes a problem in Opulus that makes the module hangs. Thanks to @fractalgee for helping me narrow down the problem.

4 Likes