Vult Announcements Thread

The first step is a admitting you have a problem. Seriously, I think he means you are already a member - send a nag message every now and then so he remembers to send you test/eval versions.

I wonder how one would go about “a admitting” that. Seriously.

Typo. So sorry.

Just finished a fairly basic patch driving Trummor FM & Trummor 2 with Polygene. I used a uOpulus for the FM input on TrummorFM’s oscillator. I added a bunch of modulations on both Trummor siblings. Everything worked great, and I love the sound of TrummorFM.

The only feedback I have is that I found the “Pitch” input on the Noise side of TrummorFM a little confusing. I patched it in from a quantized random pitch. After a few minutes of playing with the knobs I figured out that I had to have the FM knob all the way down for it to work (it also works if I turn the Feedback knob down, but is very quiet). I’m not sure I understand what’s happening here. Is it just because the FM knob is controlling the noise or something else?

Awesome new module, thanks for all the hard work you do for the community! I can’t wait to keep playing with it.

1 Like

I’m not sure exactly what behavior you are experiencing. The best is to initialize the module and then start tweaking the parameters. Both sections of Trummor FM should track the pitch. You have to consider that the Multiplier parameter can produce some inharmonic sounds when the number is not integer.

I’ll try to prepare the manual for the module before releasing the module. That could make things more clear.

Here’s a beta of the Vult Free modules built for Mac ARM:

It includes Trummor FM, which I have not officially released yet.

6 Likes

?? Wouldn’t that require someone to also build Rack for ARM to test it? Maybe I’m not understanding.

The beta version of Rack for ARM is available here Rack development blog - #85 by Vortico

1 Like

C’mon Lars, keep up! :wink:

2 Likes

Ah! Yes, I see, big news this morning, hadn’t got there yet, sorry for the noise :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve seen that switch on that oscillator i don’t know how many times and have never even wondered what it does. I’ll give it a shot.

Yay. . . Trummor FM Is in the library. And I see Omri has a video out about it. Can’t wait to try it out. :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes, Trummor FM is out!

20 Likes

It sounds awesome but all the knobs seem to reset to a point that’s different from the default?

I’m really loving Trummor FM. And it comes with some awesome presets. Thank you @modlfo for another great module.

3 Likes

TrummorFM is another hit out of the park @modlfo , It is a swiss army knife along with Caudal and Opulus.

One Feature request please, could both sides be randomized individually?

Quite often I end up with something I love on one channel but not on the other…

Check the context menu. It,s right there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, Random Oscillator means: Deselected, only the right side randomizes, on is both, no way to chose the left side independently… The FR stands :wink:

The osc is the left side , the noise is the right side , and the mod is the bottom, so…all works as you want :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The same functionality, selective randomization, has been added to Trummor 2.

7 Likes