Voxglitch Community Feedback

@shachaf.polakow Randomize has been added and merged to master. It’ll be in the next release. :clap:

4 Likes

You are on fire! This is looking really great. Thanks for sharing it with us!

1 Like

It’s my pleasure! It’s great to have the community involvement! @trevormeier I don’t know if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but maybe it would suffice? I could make this an option that you could turn on or off. Please note that although I’m only showing the effect on 1 slider, it’s programmed to work for each of them.

2 Likes

I don’t see what’s this. Is this the voltage added to the fix column value? (I’ll switch it off for sure. It’s visually disturbing for me.)

I’ll have the column colors switched on though. I’m glad it made it to the code. :wink:

Haha wow, what’s going on here! The path to your modules has been found. Great to see this @clone45

Now, if everyone is in the suggestions mode, wouldn’t it be great if we could ‘MORPH’ from one bank to the other bank. So sort of a CROSSFADE mix between banks. Basically like TRANSIT from Stoermelder. It has a slider for changing the preset switching speed.

And…preferably quantizable as well. So 1 step to 128 steps morph? :slight_smile: Asking a lot I know.

Greets J

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s worth to have the added complexity in the module.

As previously mentioned I’m also interested in testing the outputs with a polyphonic slew limiter like Glissinator or even more like BogAudio SLEW. Having slide different rates or always changing rates for each column would be probably interesting. But again merging these functions into Digital Programmer may not be the best idea in my opinion.

I like the simplicity of Digital Programmer. In case I need a more complex scene programmer with built-in morphing then I turn to Bidoo πlOT.

Hi @clone45,

Bank CV is currently operates by 0.5V steps. (E.g. bank#1 = 0V, bank#2=0.5V, bank#3=1V, etc.)

Would you consider to change that to the more common 1/12V steps? Practically all quantizer and quantized sequencer could deliver these.

I am also interested in the general technique for skipping empty banks. I’m open to any solution although my first thought was the ‘context menu’ again. What about another ‘Skip empty banks’ option for the next/prev. jumps?

That indeed is an option yes, there is always a solution it seems. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @FiroLFO,

It looks like Bank CV is operating differently than you posted. It switches at around .41 (1/24). I think that this is where I’d like to keep it because it responds correctly to 0 to 10 volt rages which are output by things like LFOs and sequencers (see VCV LFO and VCV Seq 3). But I’m always open to debate!

Thanks!

1 Like

My apologies, you are right! Double-checking it, I see it is 10/24V per steps.

1 Like

Above I have a solution for switching with quantized pitch CV from sequencers for you for you. :slight_smile:

This is a great way to implement it! In my head it was to be part of the quadrant display on the right side - a quick overview of what the outputs will be doing - but this method is also very interesting

Coming soon! Ability to label sliders! I was test driving my module with some of my own patches and it was a pain in the butt to remember which slider did what. Soon (next update) you will be able to set labels in the right-click menu.

I’ve been having a fun time using this module for patch transitions!! :grinning: :dancing_women: :orangutan:

12 Likes

Actually this is an interesting feature. I can see myself using it regularly.

Would it take a lot of code to add labeling to the Digital Sequencer XP?

1 Like

@FiroLFO That would be fairly easy! I’ll put it on my todo list. :grinning:

3 Likes

So accommodating. Thanks for listening to and incorporating so much of the feedback you get. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And adding similar BANKS to the Digital Sequencer?? That would be sick!!

And Vice Versa, Randomizing single banks like in Digital Sequencer with Shift-R in the Digital Controller.

Really love the Controller Bret. Great work.

Since you’re on fire… :slight_smile:

I had been pulling this off with 8Face which may eventually return (rumor has it). But I must agree that it would be pretty stunning! Ha ha ha. I"ll have to ponder this request though. It might add confusion if I don’t do it properly. :thinking:

Yes indeed, it is 8face for me too. It will eventually return, but then Transit would be the only one needed, instead of Transit for the bars and 8face for the banks. :slight_smile:

Confusion I can understand. Thanks for the reply mate.

1 Like